Wednesday, August 22, 2007

The nights are long...



And the days are long too! Now that our little guy spends many more hours up and alert, I have to find things to entertain us both. And babies have a short attention span.


Today we went to the National Aboretum with Katya and her six-week-old daugher, Kyra (she was a cutie). We met Katya and her husband Mike in our childbirth education class. I really enjoy spending time with other new parents. It makes me feel normal!


I wish I could say I took some photos (the herb and Bonsai gardens were beautiful!) but of course I forgot. And, until Nelson locates our camera cord, I can't upload any photos anyways. But, since I know the adoring world is just dying to see a photo of my beautiful boy, I've attached one of him from about a month ago, when he was first flexing his smile.


Speaking of nights, I don't want to jinx anything, but Oscar has slept through the night FOUR nights in a row now! Unfortunately, I'm not sleeping so soundly. I'm continuing to wake up every few hours to make sure he's okay. Silly Mommy!

2 comments:

Regis said...

Hi Oscar,

You just proved yourself a really fast learner for the tenth time! It took you only two months to get on the internet and the blogsphere. I hope you enjoy the ride. As for Ana and I, we will be following your adventures here.

Love,
Regis and Ana

Stephanie said...

I have to giggle at myself as I reminisce about those early days of Trinity's infancy when I too was waking up constantly to check if she was breathing.