Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Oh, baby!

To say that Oscar is the light of my life is an understatement. Before he was born, I could never have imagined how much I would love him. And now that he is here, I could never imagine my life without him. Granted, being a mom is the hardest, most demanding job I've ever had. But it is also the most rewarding. I read somewhere that the way you feel about your first child is like falling in love and that is exactly correct. It is beautiful, euphoric, and all consuming.

Little babies grow by leaps and bounds every week. My little bee grew by 20 percent in one month! That's astonishing! One minute they are pooping, eating machines that stay curled up in little balls and can barely keep their eyes open for 30 minutes. The next, they are smiling, giggling, and gazing at you with adoring eyes. And then they are graduating from high school and off to college (sniff, sniff.)

So, even on the days Oscar fusses constantly when we are at friends' house for dinner, or when he has a meltdown in the car and starts screeching like a Veloceraptor when Mommy is 30 minutes from home, he's still the most precious, perfect baby anyone could ask for.

1 comment:

Susanica said...

You call that fussing? Na...that was just "warming up". He is a very dear baby and he's lucky to have such wonderful parents who so clearly adore the heck out of him. Have a great Labor Day weekend. No "laboring" okay? ;-) -Monica