Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Nap time!


This week, little Mr. Crankypants has been refusing to nap (hence the name, Mr. Crankypants.) This presents several challenges: difficulty getting through dinner, post bath meltdowns, complete and utter exhaustion by 6:30pm. And I'm talking about Mommy and Oscar. The only plus is that he's sleeping from like 6:30pm - 7: 30am, waking for a feeding, then sleeping again until 10:30am. I'm not really sure what to do to get him to take naps. Probably I should not let him go back to sleep after he wakes at 7:30, but I am so exhausted I can't help it. I feel like I'm a better mommy when I'm well rested, but the fact that he doesn't take a nap all day long burns me out. I've always let Oscar go at his own pace. I've followed his lead with sleeping through the night, starting solids, tummy time, etc. But no nap is simply unacceptable. I'm just not sure what to do at this point. I really just want his naps to develop organically, but that doesn't seem to be happing. We have an AM play date tomorrow with my friend Erin and her 15 month old son, Gavin. Maybe she can give me some insight...

1 comment:

Susanica said...

Hi Jenni. Wow, I wish we could find that "magic" bullet too. Su says that during the days Danny has now instituted "mini" naps of 20 minutes or so instead of the nice long morning then afternoon stretches. Not good. Maybe our boys are going through growth spurts or the teething thing is bothering them. Maybe we should make them watch C-Span?? (Always puts me to sleep!) -Monica