Tuesday, November 6, 2007

So many toys, so little time


Now that Oscar is big enough for his Exersaucer, I can actually put him down during his waking hours and get some things done around the house. He still prefers interactive play, but he'll sit in his Exersaucer for a good 10-15 minutes. It's pretty amazing how much you can get done in 10 minutes when you know that's all you're going to get.


Solid foods are still going well. Prunes are still his favorite, but peaches are a close second. He's also accepting apples (home made by mommy), squash (also by mommy) and carrots (but only on a limits basis.) I added a some cereal to his prunes last night, but I think I added to much. He hated it. He's also refusing peas, pears, and sweet potatoes, but we aren't giving up. I read somewhere that it can take 14 or 15 tries before a baby will accept a new food!

2 comments:

Susanica said...

14 or 15 tries? Oh crap. And I was going to suggest we sneak some of Danny's nasty liquid vitamins into one of his new foods. I guess that might forever make him hate that food though. Oscar is getting so big. Su and I can't wait to see you guys tonight for dinner. Hasta luego! -Monica

Stephanie said...

I have to agree. We've probably taken Trinity to Nano about 14 to 15 times and guess what? She now eats Sushi!!!