Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Boys will be, well, you know...



Full disclosure #1: I totally wanted a girl. One hundred percent. And, I think most people really want one or the other, but just say they want a healthy baby so as not to jinx anything. Now, I was not disappointed when I found out I was having a boy (I was ridiculously relieved that he was healthy), but I was shocked. I just never thought I could grow a boy. And I didn't think I could live without having a daughter.

Full disclosure #2: I could not be happier that I had a little boy. In fact, I don't even want a girl now. I'd be pleased as punch to have a whole brood of boys (three more, please.) I'm not sure why. Okay, I am sure why, but I'm not going to say at the risk of hurting feelings of those with daughters and of any potential daughters I might have. Suffice it to say, I love having a son and couldn't imagine it any other way.

So all of that because I really wanted to talk about Danny, the little boy I am lucky enough to take care of three times a week and who has totally re enforced my desire to have more little boys.

Danny is fantastic, funny, and brilliant to say the least. In many ways, he and Oscar are very similar. They both love to pull hair, get tickled, fly in the air. They both favor the same toys - the Whoozit, the panda bear rattle, the blue block with the red disc, the green ring with the orange tabs. However, if Danny see said panda rattle on the opposite side of the blanket, he'll screech at it and laugh, and then proceed to PULL THE BLANKET TOWARDS HIM until he can reach the rattle. GENIUS! Oscar, in the same exact situation DIVES HEAD FIRST TOWARD THE RATTLE and (if he doesn't smash his face) inches his way to it. DEATH DEFYING!

Here is a photo of Danny (who is able to PROBLEM SOLVE at 8 months) trying to keep Oscar (the daredevil) from creeping his way into a pit of flames...or something like that.

1 comment:

Susanica said...

What an awesome and sweet post. We love your little Oscarelli too Jenni. How wonderful that having Danny with you has made you think it would be great to have even more boys! Gosh, our Danny a problem solver! That should come in handy when I'm the only one in charge of him at times! I think Danny and Oscar complement each other perfectly and we are so glad that they both have so much fun together. We are all so blessed right???? Have a wonderful day Jenni. -Monica (and Su and Danny of course!)