As a veteran of the Nap Wars, I thought I'd share what I've learned.
1. The first nap of the day sets the tone - if this one is good, they'll all be good. If not, put on your battle armor because it is probably going to be one heck of a day.
2. Sometimes, babies will take three one hour naps for weeks in a row in two to three hour intervals. This is awesome and the absolute best you can hope for.
3. Sometimes babies will take two one to two hour naps twice a day, spaced between three and four hours apart. This ain't so bad either.
4. Sometimes, babies will take three 30 minute naps at one to two hours intervals for weeks in a row. This is less than awesome.
5. Sometimes, babies will take four 10-20 minute naps completely randomly spaced for weeks in a row. This is not good.
6. Sometimes, babies will take no naps all day long. This is torture.