Wednesday, January 30, 2008

So long, John Edwards. You will be missed.

John Edward ended his bid for the White House today, and I think we are poorer for it. I know he was never a front runner, but I think that has a lot to do with the fact he just doesn't have the celebrity of Clinton or Obama.

From the beginning Edwards has been devoted to addressing poverty in America, and an outspoken advocate of working families. I think that he helped put these issues on the radar screen for the other democratic presidential hopefuls. We owe him a debt of gratitude for that.

I will admit, I am biased - Edwards sits on the board of the organization I left to raise Oscar, and his campaign manager is my former boss David Bonior (who is was my great honor and pleasure to work with and for.) I was lucky enough to hear Edwards speak at an event with maybe 500 other people, and the man talked about poverty and working people in a way that most politicians do not. He gets it. I hope he'll continue working on this issue and making a difference in our country.

That being said, OBAMA '08!

No comments: