Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Victory!

Obama soundly swept the Potomac Primary yesterday. Oscar, Danny, my brother, and I all bundled up and walked over to the elementary school on the corner and cast our ballots. I voted for Obama, like I've known I would since I heard him speak at the Democratic Convention almost four years ago. But, I have to admit, I feel a little sad that I did not vote for Hillary. I know opinions are her are as split as the ends of my hair (it's been five months since my last hair cut), but I like her and I always have. I like that she addressed the health care crisis in our country as First Lady, albeit unsuccessfully; I like that she's the only First Lady to ever have her portrait painted wearing a pants suit; I love that she's a mom and her ideas to support working families and mothers. I think this country would be far better off under her leadership than it is under the present administration. However, as much as I feel like I've been waiting my whole life to vote for female candidate for president, Clinton just does not inspire me like Obama does.

I'll support her if she gets the nomination - and Texas and Ohio are huge states with lots of delegates where she still has double digit leads - but I just want a president that makes me feel proud and inspired. I want someone different. I want it to be Obama.

No comments: