Monday, March 10, 2008

CHOMP!


I knew it was going to happen sooner or later, and it happened today. As Oscar and I were enjoying a quite moment nursing before his nap, he sunk his razor-like egg teeth into one of the most sensitive parts of a person's body. And it HURT!


I should have seen it coming. I looked down at my suckling babe and noticed he wasn't really nursing, just kind of sitting there, attached to the breast, gazing drowsily off into the distance. I was getting ready to call our nursing session to a close and put him down when I felt a little pressure on my nipple. Now, for the first second or two, I thought he'd resumed nursing again because that's kind of what nursing feels like once you're used to it - pressure. Then, it felt sharp. Then I said rather loudly, "OUCH! NO! NO! NO BITING!" which make him bite harder. And then I stuck my finger in his mouth and unlatched him.


He laughed; I checked for blood (there was none) and put him down for his nap. He's sleeping, I'm no longer sore, but I have to wonder how I'm going to keep this from happening again.


Above, Oscar, growling and bearing his teeth.

No comments: