Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Little man



This weekend, I began the chore of packing up Oscar's 6-9 month wardrobe. I'd mentioned in a previous post that he'd recently grown out of a pair of his PJs. We went out two weekends ago and bought him two new pairs. We also got him some new white onesies and socks. The only things that still fit him are the socks. I bought 9 month PJs thinking that the 12 month PJs looked much too large (they're not.) I bought him 12 month onesies that for some reason are even smaller than his 9 month onesies, and in my sleepy attempt to get some laundry done this morning, I threw them in the wash. So I can't even return them.

I don't like packing up the Bean's clothes. For one thing, it is really hard for me to find the time to do it. Because his clothes are in his room, I can't do it during nap time. I can't do it when he's awake because he doesn't want to hang out in his crib and he's so mobile these days I can't leave him to play on the floor without constant monitoring. So that leaves the weekends, the only time I have Nelson around to give me some relief, when I'd rather be taking a solo trip to Target or Kohls or spending time with my family. But, such is life.

Now, Oscar has not grown out of all of his 6-9 month clothes, but enough of them that I needed to do a serious pack up this past weekend. Nelson and I decided to keep the 9 month onesies and PJs until they really didn't fit. This morning, they really didn't fit. It's been TWO DAYS. Also, I weighed Oscar on Friday, and he was a whopping 18 lbs 8 ozs. Then, yesterday both Nelson and PJ commented that Oscar "felt heavy," so I weighed him this morning - 19 lbs 2 ozs!!!! That's a gain of 10 ozs in four days. I'd been complaining to Nelson that I was exhausted and starving and thought Oscar must be going through a growth spurt because he was nursing like crazy - I guess I was right.

Above: My little men, Oscar and Danny, enjoying their lunch.

No comments: