Thursday, May 29, 2008

And We're Back!



Okay, enough of the Debbie Downer "My Daddy doesn't love me" crap, because you know what? Who cares! I've got a beautiful little boy, another little something on the way, a fantastic husband, a Mom who would move mountains for me, and plenty of other family members and friends that who love me an actually make an effort to be part of my and my son's life. I'd much rather devote my time, and my blog space, to those folks.


Like my friends Anne and Nancy, who are leaving for a cruise the afternoon of Oscar's birthday. The actually scheduled a later flight so they could attend his party.


And my friend Kate who give my little boy books for no reason and when she has a random day off in the middle of the week, she's emails to set up a date for us to hang out.


There's my Mom who's coming to Oscar's birthday party even though her boyfriend of over a year has triple bypass surgery scheduled for the same week.


My friend's from college Jen and Ellen who posted comments on my last post that completely validated my feelings by sharing their own difficulties with their parents.


Nelson's Dad, who couldn't have been any happier than he was this weekend, just pushing Oscar in a stroller around the farm, and telling him what he was seeing.


My sister, who always makes time for us, and who invited my family on a week-long vacation to the beach this summer.


Our friends Regis and Ana love Oscar so much, they share his photos and exploits with their own parents (who we've never even met) in Brazil.


And there are so many more of you who'd drop everything in a second if I need your help. Thank you for being a part of our lives - we are so lucky to have so many people that love us so much.

3 comments:

Lissa said...

I hope you feel OVERWHELMED by the number of people in your life that adore you and for whom it is a real treat to spend an afternoon with your family! We love you!!

Xbox4NappyRash said...

See!

Focus on those who DO care.

Makes it so much clearer and easier somehow.

Jenni said...

@lissa - I really, really do, and much love right back at you.

@Xbox - ha, that was your advice, wasn't it? thanks again.