Friday, May 30, 2008

Five Alive!

Is anyone else tired of hearing me whine about my family and verbalize my anxieties? Well I sure am. Moo's Moo tagged me for this five things meme, so here goes:

Each player answers the questions about themselves. At the end of the post, the player tags other people and posts their name, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know they’ve been tagged and asking them to read your blog. Except I'm not going to tag anyone, sorry.

What was I doing 5 years ago?
Ah, 2003. I was working as a hotline counselor/hospital advocate and fundraiser for the DC Rape Crisis Center and desperate to leave. I believe I started looking for a new job right around this time. Nelson and I had been living in the cutest, cheapest basement apartment you've ever seen. It was within walking distance to the Metro and to campus. Nelson was STILL working on his PhD and I was supporting the two of us on my rinky dink NPO salary. There were credit cards involved. Lots and lots of credit cards. Credit cards that haunt us still (though resolution is in sight.) My parents had been split up for a year and my Mom was beginning to move on with her life and I was glad. I believe my Dad forgot my birthday this year and I didn't speak to him for two months.

Five Snacks I Enjoy:
Let me just say, I'm a snacker, so picking just five is painful for me.
1. Ice cream
2. Salt and vinegar potato chips
3. Chocolate milk
4. Veggies with dip
5. Fresh fruit

Five things I Would Do If I Were a Billionaire:
1. Pay off all our bills, including our mortgage
2. Set up a trust for Oscar
3. Pay off all my mom's debt and help her fix up her house she could sell it
4. Become a philanthropist
5. Take lots of vacations

Five Places I Have Lived:
1. Massachusetts
2. South Carolina
3. Southern Maryland
4. College Park, Maryland
5. DC suburbs

Five jobs I have had:
1. Wal-Mart customer service associate (GAH, I know! Worst. Job. Ever.)
2. Cashier in a union grocery store (a thousand times better than WM. I really liked this job.)
3. Rape crisis counselor/hospital advocate (hated, hated, hated it)
4. Non-profit fundraiser (both union and not - not surprisingly the union jobs were better)
5. Day mother (what they call day-care providers in Germany, and what Susanne, Monica and I decided was a good name for me)

No comments: