Wednesday, May 7, 2008

It Ain't All Roses, Baby

I'm pregnant, okay, and I'm tired. This should come as a surprise to no one. No one except Oscar, that is. So when I woke this morning to his sleepy baby "Ooh!" and his grubby little fingers poking at my boated pregnant belly, I would have been really annoyed if I weren't so tired that I could almost not even open my eyes.

When I finally made it out of bed after enduring a half an hour of pinching and maniacal laughter, I was treated to the sound of Oscar wailing as I did the unthinkable - I put him down in his crib so I could go to the bathroom and get dress and maybe even brush my teeth. I know, I'm a terrible and selfish parent.

Then, after I put him in his high chair and gave him some Cheerios so I could prepare his breakfast, he delighted me by tossing his Cheerios to the floor one by one, while whining in a most lovely fashion. You can imagine how fun breakfast was this morning.

After another hour of whining and intermittent playing, he's down for a nap, thank god, and I'm hoping I can catch a few winks before Danny arrives.

Speaking of my bloated, pregnant belly, woah, can I get a break here? My underwear no longer fit and I'm only 10 weeks pregnant - I should still have a waist. The Sprout is only two inches long - how on earth is is taking up so much room? And don't even try to tell me it might be the entire bag of Cool Ranch Doriotos I ate yesterday.

4 comments:

Veronica said...

Sounds like a FUN fun morning at your house!

Hope you managed to get some sleep.

Amanda said...

Pompi- So, I'm terribly far behind on my blog reading and therefore totally late in congratulating you! So excited for you, Nelson, and Oscar!

Xbox4NappyRash said...

Mmmmm Doritos....

Maybe our period is hanging out around here....

Stephanie said...

Hahahahaha! Seriously...I don't mean to laugh at you, but hahahaha. It's the dryer that keeps shrinking your stuff. At least that's what keeps happening to me. ;o)