Monday, May 26, 2008

Shaken

I started a discussion on my blog a few days ago about blogging and anonymity, and I guess I'm a little more anxious than I realized.

Last night, Nelson stayed up late playing video games. When he came into the bedroom, he woke me from a night terror, and I started screaming so loud, my throat still hurts today. I thought he was there to take my kids (I realized I only have one kid, but in the dream, the sprout was already born.) I could not move - I was paralyzed with fear. Even when I realized it was him, I couldn't stop screaming, I had so thoroughly scared the shit out of myself. I thought my heart would never stop racing.

Once Nelson had me calmed down, he went to calm Oscar, who I'd woken up. He ended up coming to bed with us because he was inconsolable.

Nelson has startled me from sleep before, but it's never been like this. He said I was screaming bloody murder. Now I'm especially exhausted from sleeping poorly the rest of the night, so I'm going to try and take a nap while the bean is down, and hope the night terrors stay away tonight.

4 comments:

Xbox4NappyRash said...

I hope it wasn't my comment about being across the street!

Jenni said...

of course the idea of you across the street is terrifying (heh) but i think it's really run of the mill pregnancy anxiety.

Susanica said...

Awwww...so sorry to hear that you've been so on edge Jenni. Hope that tonight you all sleep like babies. Well...you know...peaceful little babies. ;-) Talk to you soon. -M

moo said...

Not to belittle your experience, but when I was pregnant I had HORRENDOUS night terrors and would wake up screaming. I recall my husband wildly RUNNING into our bedroom with a baseball bat, because he thought someone had broken in, I was screaming that hard. But when he asked what was wrong, I pointed to the ceiling and sobbed that the aliens were coming out of the vent to get me.

So ... maybe some of it is pregnancy hormones? (Although it's always a good idea to protect yourself and your loved ones)