Tuesday, May 20, 2008

STAND in the Place Where you Live!

In yesterday's dramatic news Oscar STOOD UNASSISTED for the first time. Yay, baby! I don't think he realized he was doing it, but I'm still proud of the little bugger.

He was holding on to his book basket, and reaching into the CD rack (which is off limits, or the best toy ever) and had pulled out a Macy Gray CD with is right hand. He then reached out and pulled out a Morphine CD with his left hand. Then, he straightened up and began looking from CD to CD, shaking them.

At this point I gasped dramatically. I was instantly shocked, proud, and terrified that he was going to topple over and bash his head on the corner of the brick fire place. When Oscar heard me gasp, he looked surprised and sat down on his butt. All of this happened in about seven seconds.

The end.

3 comments:

Susanica said...

Macy Gray huh? He can stand AND he's got good taste in music. And it sounds like he's able to sit himself down now too which should make it easier for him to get himself back down to get back to napping. Congrats little Oscar! -M

Xbox4NappyRash said...

Big day for Oscar!

...and I am TOTALLY taking credit for you using the word 'bugger' ;0)

Veronica said...

Dude, that is fantastic! Amy didn't walk until she was 15 months old, so any baby doing it early has all my praise!

He is so clever.

Oh and your word verification? Hates me.