Friday, May 2, 2008

Worst night ever leads to best morning ever

I could not get comfortable. Oscar could not get comfortable. He was crying and wanted to nurse constantly. Nelson snored into oblivion. Until I woke him and demanded in no uncertain terms, that he take a turn with Oscar and get him back to sleep. This was at 5AM after I'd been up for basically four hours. And he did it, although he was none to pleased about it (I mean, he was sleeping FINE.)

And then, Oscar and I slept until 9AM. I haven't seen 9AM since before he was born and it was glorious.

Tonight, dramatic action. I WILL NOT nurse Oscar after his bedtime nurse. When he wakes, DADDY* will give him a sippy cup of water and get him back down IN HIS CRIB. I will sleep soundly for a change. I'm through with being a human pacifier.

*For the record, I'm not just being spiteful - my pediatrician suggested when I decided to night wean Oscar, Nelson should take over nighttime soothing duties because the baby associates me too much with milk and would not understand why he couldn't nurse.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Hilarious! I honestly don't know how you or anyone else with more than 1 kid does it. The advice from your doctor really is a clever concept. Good luck with that.