Saturday, June 14, 2008

One

My sweet, sweet boy. You're one whole year old. How did that happen? How did you go from a squirmy, little baby seal into this chatty, laughing toddler before me? When you were born, I could never have imagined what a sweet and funny and sensitive little boy you'd become. I could never have imagine how you've changed my life, how you've changed me. You've made me a mommy and now that's who I'll be for the rest of my life.

You've taught me patience, you've taught me selflessness, you've taught me love in a way I didn't know was possible. I had no idea my destiny was to be your mother, but there is nothing else I could be better suited for.

As I've watched you grow and change, you've amazed me every step of the way. You work so hard to figure out how things work and delight in each discovery. I see the excitement in your eyes each time you say a new word (dog! cat!) and understand it's meaning. I watch how thrilled you are as you cruise around the living room and crawl around the house. You are excelling at life, and all I can do is watch in awe.

I love you, Oscar, my bean. In the next year, you will start walking, you will become a big brother. You will need me less, but I will love you more and more. You have my heart.

Love,
Mommy

2 comments:

moo said...

What a sweet post! That first year speeds by, doesn't it?

Happy Birthday!!

Xbox4NappyRash said...

Happy birthday wee man.

Really nice entry.