Thursday, August 21, 2008

I Got Nothing - Go Check These Folks Out

That's right, nothing blog worthy around here, unless you want to hear all about how my husband wore the same pair of pants to work three days in a row because I haven't done any laundry in weeks. That's really all I've got.


So, here are some folks I like reading that I think are worth your having a read. Because sometimes it is good to share the love, as a few bloggers I read regularly have done lately.


One of my new favorite blogs to date is Hey, You! Remember Me?! written by anonymous blogger, That Girl. She a mom and wife in her late 20s that writes about her past and the people who have shaped her life as a way of remembering where she came from. I guess I'd call it a nostalgia blog. So many times I read one of her posts and think, "Hey, I was that girl!" She's funny, and moving, and thought provoking. If you're not reading her, you are totally missing out.


Have you met Mike Spohr? An at-home-dad, Mike's blog, Newborn Identity chronicles his funny and touching experience as as Dad to Maddie, a tenacious 9-month-old who was born three months premature. Maddie had a rough start at life, but is now beautiful, thriving little girl. Go see what they're up to!


Lastly, I think I'll send you over to Sleep Deprivation Ninja. He's a new dad and even newer blogger, but he's really on to something. Not your typical daddy blogger, the Ninja blends reality with fantasy, so what sounds like a morning commute can turn into a ninja-flying, ass-kicking, evasion of the law. Really funny and unique stuff.


So enjoy these folks while I dig out from the mess that is my home. I'll be back. Here's a photo of Oscar, feeding himself oatmeal to hold you over. And yes, he got more oatmeal on his face than in his mouth. But it was fun.


7 comments:

Susanica said...

First of all, I love your new blog header with that adorable picture of Oscar crawling (and the oatmeal one too!) I'll check out those blogs--isn't the blogosphere fun. Oh, and lastly, is there something wrong with the knobs on your washing machine that only people with two X chromosomes can touch them? ;-) -Monica

Xbox4NappyRash said...

I have to say, I'm not overly domesticated by ANY stretch of the imagination, but I'll wash my bloody underpants if it meant having a clean pair.

Bloody hell Nelson....

Jenni said...

You know what's funny? He never even mentioned he had no clean pants. I just noticed he'd been wearing the same ones all week.

Xbox4NappyRash said...

...dude...

Misty said...

What fantastic suggestions! Love it.

Also, don't blame yourself for the pants thing. Men do that sometimes. They are lazy dirty creatures. Or at least, mine is. ;)

'That Girl' said...

wow! Thank you so much for the shout out! As I greedily scanned my stats page..um, which I uh..um, almost NEVER do, I kept seeing all these people coming from here and I was like "What's the deal Lucille?!

Too sweet. Thank you.

I too have decided the hubby can wash his own damn pants. Then I decided he wasn't doing it correctly and I'd like to keep my washer in tact,and then I decided the previous decision was a bit hasty.

Nappy: I love it when you use the word "bloody"

earnest monkey said...

absolutely love the sleep deprived ninja - thanks! also love the new pic on top of the site!