Monday, August 18, 2008

Random Bits #2

Here's a weird pregnancy symptom for you: for the past two days, my forehead has itched like crazy. And it's an awful burning itch of the sort that would send you to the OB/GYN STAT were it in your nether regions. Or, like athlete's foot. But it's on my forehead. That is the kind of itch it is. Thankfully, there are no bites, blemishes, or welts. Just redness from my CONSTANT ITCHING!!! It itches so bad it is making me feel crazy. Oh, god, let it stop.

*************************************************************************

We have our house professionally cleaned every two weeks. I keep it up pretty well in the meantime, but they do the heavy dusting, the floors, under the furniture, stuff like that. Well, two weeks ago, the cleaned my fridge. They took everything out and scoured the shelves, and put everything back in a way that was significantly more organized than it has ever been. In the year and a half they've been coming here, they've never done the fridge before. I didn't even ask them to do it. I'm going to marry my cleaning crew. They are the best husband ever.

****************************************************************************

My college roommates are coming into town this weekend, yay! I'm so excited. We've been planning this get together for months, since before I knew I was pregnant even, and we have all really been looking forward to it. It's been ten years since I've seen some of them. I've drunk hundreds (thousands?) of beers, shots, etc. with these women, but this weekend I can have nary a glass of wine and I probably won't make it past 10PM. But, whatever because I'm still excited.

****************************************************************************

Oscar is now walking about 80% of the time. He's gone from baby to little boy over night. Sniff.

2 comments:

Mike said...

Let me guess the first thing your college friends will say: "What's with the forehead?" ;)

Veronica said...

When I was pregnant with Amy, I had terrible skin. I ended up with a hormone rash and acne all over my face (not pretty. trust me).

The hormone rash itched like mad though, and the only cream that would stop the itching, made the acne worse!