Thursday, September 25, 2008

Are You Tired of Me? Cause I Sure Am.

I know I just did a post all complaining and woe is me, but it is what it is. And after reading it back I was all, "Wow, I'm one of those pregnant people who complains about being pregnant. I hate those people." So, please bear with me. I know that's a lot to ask, as I'm having difficulty bearing with myself these days.


Okay, on to my chief complaint. Oscar. And the not napping. Or, rather, the short napping in the morning. His three hour morning nap has been whittled down to 45 minutes to and hour this week. He's still napping for about 2.5 hours in the afternoon, which is great I guess, but mostly I'm annoyed.


See, this morning nap is where I generally do things like dishes, laundry, reading, blogging, and most importantly, napping. I no longer have time for the napping. And you may be thinking "Okay, crybaby, just sleep in the afternoon during that nap," and I TOTALLY would, except that in the afternoon, Danny is only napping for 45 minutes to an hour, if at all. And you can't really nap while you're watching a one-year-old. That would be SLIGHTLY irresponsible. Or TOTALLY irresponsible.


So, that's one thing that's annoying me about Oscar whole "I don't need a real morning nap anymore." The other thing that's annoying me with the fact that once he does wake up from his brief morning siesta, he acts like a total tool. Can I call my toddler a tool? Because he is one.


He whines, he cries, he throws himself dramatically on the floor, he rattles the baby gates, he refuses to be consoled. A snack and some water placate him temporarily. Like for five minutes. Then, he's at it again until Danny wakes up like an hour and a half later.


And that has been my day, everyday, all week. And in case this is your first time here or you've somehow missed something, I'm pregnant, cranky, tired and have no patience these days.


Point being, CAN I PLEASE GET A FRIGGIN NAP ALREADY?

2 comments:

moo said...

I think you're just going to have to reconcile yourself to the land of no more morning naps. It's a rite of passage for all kids ... they eventually drop a nap.

I know it's totally "irresponsible" but couldn't you put on a video in the afternoon and lay on the couch and cat nap while the boys are entertained? Or can Nelson get up with Oscar in the morning, giving you a little extra sleeping time?

I'm sorry you're tired. I completely understand that feeling.

anna said...

My son is like that with his afternoon nap. We refer to him as being "persecuted" when he wakes up from a nap. Sometimes it is so bad I have to just put him back in his crib until he works it out.

Today he took a 3 hour nap--3 hours!--and woke up looking at me like I was trying to stick shards of glass in his eyeballs.

Toddlers!