Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Vacation, All I Really Wanted

I am NOT a beach goer. This stems from my phobia of the Ocean. Why go somewhere where you will be surrounded by one of the things you fear most?

But this year, my sister invited Nelson, Oscar and I to vacation with her and her in-laws, dad, and step-mom at one of the most beautiful vacation spots on the east coast. As we could not otherwise afford and were not otherwise planning a vacation, we decided we could not turn down the offer.

I won't lie - the bridge we had to go over to get the the island was terrifying. It was maybe 12 feet off the water (except for the peak, so boats can travel under it), it had a large curve, it was LONG, and it was raining. I think I held my breath the whole time. But, we made it.

So here we sit, on an island 1/4 of a mile wide and 70 miles long and I'm loving every minute of it. But, most importantly, Oscar is loving it. Who knew island living could be so...beachy?

Blogger's being wonky, but cute baby-at-beach photos to come!

2 comments:

Veronica said...

I dislike the beach greatly, just because of the sand. Seriously sand? *shudder*

Mike said...

I'm not a beach person either, but it was worth it for you to get those photos of Oscar. So cute!