Tuesday, September 23, 2008

With a Little Help from my Friends

Call yourself a whiny asshole and the love just comes out of the woodwork!

I was feeling down, defeated, hopeless, and just plain exhausted and you all reminded me that not only is it okay, but that it will get better. Also, the offers of help I got? Seriously. My friend Tiffanie is bring over dinner for not one but TWO of the nights Nelson is in Madrid. In classic Midwestern style, Susanica has offered to bring me dinner one evening as well. And Kate has offered to come over once, possibly twice to give me a hand in the afternoons/evenings. And I cannot forget the offers of help to paint Oscar's fuchsia nightmare from Lissa, Amy, and Pam.

And really, your words of sympathy and support have made me feel more calm and convinced me to be less hard on myself. So, a big thank you to Ellen, Ami, Mike, Veronica, Stimey, Taz, Moo, and Anna for their kind words.

Now I'm off for a nap. I leave you with these famous Lennon/McCartney lyrics, which I am so feeling right now, even though they are majorly cliche. This song would totally be on the mix tape I'd make for you.

What do I do when my love is away
(Does it worry you to be alone)
How do I feel by the end of the day
(Are you sad because you're on your own)
No, I get by with a little help from my friends,
Mmm I get high with a little help from my friends,
Mmm I'm gonna to try with a little help from my friends

2 comments:

Susanica said...

That's great Jenni! When's our turn? You are gonna love them tater tots! Glad that you are feeling better and Stimey's right--Oscar will survive without getting a bath every night. I'll tell you who the big loser will be here. Nelson. Do you really think Daddy Worship will really continue. I see shunning in his future ;-) Talk to you soon! -Monica

Veronica said...

You're so welcome! Know that if I lived closer I would definitely bring you over dinner one night!