Needless to say, this has exhausted me. I had about three different ideas for posts today and all have fled my brain. But! Then I remember that I have some bloggy love to spread. See, Jen over at Steenky Bee gave me this super award:
I am so humbled, particularly considering Jen gave me this award after I completely rocked her world by tell her about Viggo Moretson's vestigial tail. No, really, he does.
So, the deal is, now I have to award five bloggers I heart. So, here goes.
1. I absolutely have to start with Veronica over at Sleepless Nights. Veronica is one of my favorite bloggers, and people, that I've never met. She's got a hilariously dark sense of humor and I always appreciate her honesty about the difficulties of parenthood. So often I read her blog and think, "Oh, Veronica, me too! Me too!" She's also pregnant and caring for a toddler. It's good to have a sister in your suffering.
2. This next one goes to a blogger I've only recently discovered, Anna at abdpbt. I like her so much that after reading one post I added her to my reader, and every time I read a new post I have to go back and read like four more from her archives. I think I might be obsessed. She's so snarky and funny and a really lovely writer. She's a woman with a past, a sense of humor, and loads of talent. AND she lives in LA, so you know she's cool, and probably really blond and thin. But I'll forgive her for that.
3. Another LA blogger I heart is Mike over at the Newborn Identity. He's keen, for reals. He's a stay-at-home-dad to the cutest little girl with the biggest blue eyes you've ever seen. And he is FUN-NY. And, his mom is always telling him he's fat, which leads me to believe we might actually have the same mom. And he used to play with dolls and he STILL scored a hot wife so I have mad respect for him.
4. Next, I've got to give the love to Stimey over at Stimeyland. You probably already read her blog because she's a badass, but when my blog grows up, I want it to be just like hers. She's honest, she's funny, and she defaces her husband's political mail. And, when she's not defacing mail, she's raising three boys who are each a handful in their own right. Stimey is also what I refer to as a "local blogger" meaning she's from the same general area as me. I sometimes wonder if I'll ever run into her at the grocery store or the park or a museum or library or something, where I'd be all like "Stimey!! OMG, I lurve your blog soooooo much," and she'd be all like "Heh, okay, thanks, crazy. Step away from my children and don't follow me home, alright? And STOP TOUCHING ME!" Oh, if only.
5. And last, but my no means least, I have to give an award to Moo over at Moo's Moo. Oh, Moo, what was my life without you? Was I even really living? Moo and I are kindred spirits and we also seem to be living parallel lives what with our unaffectionate, absent fathers and clueless stepmothers and annoying in-laws. We may very well be the same person. Moo is never short on drama and hilarious stories. And, she says the word "y'all" which, while I never say it in my blog I do say in real life.
So, awardees, if you please, it's now your job to pass this prestigious award on to five other bloggers that knock your socks off. You can just click and paste the badge for your sidebar, if you're into that sort of thing.