Monday, October 20, 2008
Listless Mondays: Oh So Random
I'm joining Anna's Listless Monday again this week because I've got a little bit of blogger's block. feeling entirely scattered and am unable to come up with a cohesive theme for my list. A cop out, I know, but it's the best I can do today.
1. I read. A lot. Modern fiction, mostly, with some non-fiction. But, it's generally the good stuff. No Nora Roberts or James Patterson over here. Not that I have anything against them, I just generally don't like romance novels or suspense novels. That said, I'm currently reading Stephanie Meyers' Twilight series. The suspenseful teenage vampire romance novels? Yep. I'm devouring them. I started them Saturday afternoon and I'm already on the third. If I weren't so totally absorbed in them, I might realize my new obsession with teenage vampire romance is a little in appropriate for a woman in her 30s. But I'm obsessed.
2. As happened when I was pregnant with Oscar, I have completely lost my ability to focus on anything substantial, hence the Twilight series obsession. I forget to take something out for dinner almost everyday. I forget to do the laundry. I forget how long it's been since I've showered. I'm loosing it and I still have just over six weeks.
3. This baby is due in less than seven weeks. Do you hear that? That's the sound of me screaming in panic.
4. I just accidentally typed "scraming" in the sentence above and it reminded me how much I like the word scram. You really don't hear it often enough these days.
5. Oscar has been trying to put on his own socks and shoes. He has no idea how to do it. He sits on the floor and tries to wrap his socks around his feet. Or he will stand and try to force his feet into the socks, the way you put on shoes, but the sock is just flat on the floor and slides around. He does understand how the shoes go on, but not that he needs to undo the Velcro first. He usually ends up bringing them to me so I can put them on. And once they are on, he immediately sets about taking them off. And trying to put them back on. This can go on for 3o minutes or more.
6. The Sprout is moving around a lot and it hurts. I've been having dreams that it's trying to come directly out of my abdomen, face first. It just starts pushing it's face out of my body, and my skin stretches and forms the shape of it's face. It's so creepy.
7. My mom is loving the stories about her. She thinks they are hilarious and is showing all her friends. For the record, she maintains she does not dislike fat people.
8. I'm peeing an average of four times a night now. It's only going to get worse.
9. I've got nothing else. So scram.