Monday, October 20, 2008

Listless Mondays: Oh So Random

listbutton

I'm joining Anna's Listless Monday again this week because I've got a little bit of blogger's block. feeling entirely scattered and am unable to come up with a cohesive theme for my list. A cop out, I know, but it's the best I can do today.

1. I read. A lot. Modern fiction, mostly, with some non-fiction. But, it's generally the good stuff. No Nora Roberts or James Patterson over here. Not that I have anything against them, I just generally don't like romance novels or suspense novels. That said, I'm currently reading Stephanie Meyers' Twilight series. The suspenseful teenage vampire romance novels? Yep. I'm devouring them. I started them Saturday afternoon and I'm already on the third. If I weren't so totally absorbed in them, I might realize my new obsession with teenage vampire romance is a little in appropriate for a woman in her 30s. But I'm obsessed.

2. As happened when I was pregnant with Oscar, I have completely lost my ability to focus on anything substantial, hence the Twilight series obsession. I forget to take something out for dinner almost everyday. I forget to do the laundry. I forget how long it's been since I've showered. I'm loosing it and I still have just over six weeks.

3. This baby is due in less than seven weeks. Do you hear that? That's the sound of me screaming in panic.

4. I just accidentally typed "scraming" in the sentence above and it reminded me how much I like the word scram. You really don't hear it often enough these days.

5. Oscar has been trying to put on his own socks and shoes. He has no idea how to do it. He sits on the floor and tries to wrap his socks around his feet. Or he will stand and try to force his feet into the socks, the way you put on shoes, but the sock is just flat on the floor and slides around. He does understand how the shoes go on, but not that he needs to undo the Velcro first. He usually ends up bringing them to me so I can put them on. And once they are on, he immediately sets about taking them off. And trying to put them back on. This can go on for 3o minutes or more.

6. The Sprout is moving around a lot and it hurts. I've been having dreams that it's trying to come directly out of my abdomen, face first. It just starts pushing it's face out of my body, and my skin stretches and forms the shape of it's face. It's so creepy.

7. My mom is loving the stories about her. She thinks they are hilarious and is showing all her friends. For the record, she maintains she does not dislike fat people.

8. I'm peeing an average of four times a night now. It's only going to get worse.

9. I've got nothing else. So scram.

9 comments:

Kate said...

The shoe thing? Does. Not. Stop. Kids are fascinated by their shoes, particularly the taking them off part. If I'm not careful, I can have a class full of preschoolers all running around barefoot. They're teeny, I've learned to expect it. When the third graders start pulling the same stuff--and they do--that's when I get annoyed.

Becky said...

I am reading those dang Twilight books too! But I am majorly bogged down in the second one. Not such a good idea to have the vampire disappear from a large portion of the book, IMHO. I have many other opinions about these books and am formulating a blog post about them. Just wanted you to know you aren't alone as a 30-something woman who is reading them!

Xbox4NappyRash said...

the question is, can YOU get your shoes and socks on now?

abdpbt said...

Yeah, I finally finished the Twilight series, so I can stop hiding the covers of the books I take to the gym in shame. I found the second one and the disappearance of the vampire to be FREAKING ANNOYING too. My husband kept saying, "What's going on?" and I'd be like, "They're still talking about the fucking werewolves." Like that's a normal thing to say.

steenky bee said...

Honey, you got it all wrong. Nothing about you is random. Ever. Twilight Series? Why are you reading that drivel? Yuckers!!!
(Call me so we can dish. I've read them all. Squee!!!)

Casey said...

I think I'm going to add the word scram to my daily vocabulary. Thanks for letting me steal it. Have you been watching Alien lately? That is a messed up dream you're having...

Crazy Meme said...

Hang in there you did the same thing with your socks and shoes. I love you and I am so proud of you.

kittyconcerto.com said...

I LOVED the Twilight series. Don't care that I'm about to turn 30 and I'm in love with a vampire. Don't care.

And #6---sounds like a really creepy Halloween costume. You should make one and sell it and make a trillion dollars.

montana said...

Aidan loves the shoes too. He tries his best to get his meaty feet in his sandles, but it just doesn't work. We don't have socks though. He probably doesn't even know that socks exist, as he hasn't had socks on his feet in the last 5 months!!

p.s. I still want to respond to the blog about celebrities, particularly rock stars. I started to think about it, and kept coming up with more (I think 5 different entries) in my sleep. I don't know if I should respond in a comment to your blog (I'm already behind by 2 posts) and/or do my own post on the topic, giving you credit of course. Looking back on the blog is something I haven't considered yet. I love the Mom stories also! I have a feeling my Mom would not take it as well as yours. We used to, okay we still do, call my Mom "Prophet of the Obvious" - I came up with that one and am quite proud of it :)