Friday, October 24, 2008

Well on His Way

Oscar is a boy, and unabashedly so. The child LITERALLY plays in dirt. As in, he sees a pile of dirt and stops to rub his hands in it and throw it and get it in his hair.

If he sees a bug scurrying across the ground, he's on it, grabbing it, picking it up, showing it to me.

He chases the dogs, who are 30 and 40 pounds larger than him, and thinks it's hilarious when they knock him down (I, however, have mini heart attacks.)

His favorite book of the moment is about dinosaurs. He makes me read it to him 10 or 15 times in a day. Also, in a row.

He loves playing ball almost as much as he loves playing with cars and trucks.

Really, these are stereotypes, right? Boys are dirty, boys like dinosaurs, boys like bugs. I buy that, I do.

But today? Today he farted. And then he laugh.

He farted and he laughed.

Daddy is so proud. Oscar is well on his way to manhood.

*********

AS a side note, Phobia Fridays are canceled indefinitely. I'm just not feeling them these days. In fact, I have a bit of blogger's block. All I can really think about is how pregnant and uncomfortable I am. I could write about that ALL DAY LONG. In fact, I started two other posts today about completely different topics that ended up being about my very pregnant state. I'm going to try and limit the pregnant posts to once, maybe twice a week to spare you.

This weekend I'll be searing for my funny again. Have a good one!

11 comments:

abdpbt said...

You're almost there! Nobody will fault you for not feeling like blogging (or doing anything at all, really) during these last weeks.

I think Oscar and Mini would be the best of friends. Mini farts and laughs, and burps and laughs, and would take a dirt bath if I would let him. Ah boys!

kittyconcerto.com said...

This stage? The stage of farts=laughs..... will NEVER go away my friend. Although to be fair, my mom was mortified to learn that I too thought farts were funny, beginning as old as Oscar.

Xbox4NappyRash said...

hee hee, Go Oscar...

Casey said...

I don't know if it's a stereotype or not since Elliot isn't old enough to do those things yet. Graham, however, loves to fart and laugh and this week he told me "momma, I fut". He's 22 months old and declaring his farts.

Veronica said...

Uhmmm, I might be in trouble then because all those 'boy' things you described? They are Amy ALL over. Dinosaurs, car noises as she runs around the house (including squealing brakes for corners) and bugs? Amy.

Kids!

Crazy Meme said...

How pround his great uncles would be of Oscar and of course uncle PJ. Hang in there you can make you are the best Mom ever.

crazylovescompany said...

I'm afraid that this baby will also take after dad in the bodily functions department. Between that, and a puppy with the most wicked farts when I give her cheese (but she loves it!) I will need some type of respirator. I also hear you on the topic of posts turning into posts about pregnancy. But who are we kidding? At this stage, it's hard to avoid. But who cares? We are CREATING LIFE! BTW, I use that to win any discussion and I recommend it.

steenky bee said...

Oh yeah. I've lived that moment. At age three. Henry can now fart on command. It's a skill. You're life will never be the same once he figures out that bodily funtions are funny.

moo said...

I will ALWAYS listen to pregnancy complaints. They are like drops of liquid gold to me these days ... someone else understands! I am normal!!

And as for boys ... there's certainly something to be said for genetics. Gray picks up rocks when he's outside. No one taught him that. But his papa likes to collect rocks too. *sigh*

(do you have Dinosaur Roar? LOVE that book!!)

anymommy said...

It is partially genetic. My boys are the same. Although, they will put on a princess dress and dance around with their sister.

And hey, you get to complain a bit with only a month to go!

EllenMarie said...

Maybe you SHOULD blog about nothing but pregnancy. It will serve two purposes...
1) A perfect way to remember those "special days" of being pregnant. (Hahahahahaha)
2) A reminder to your reader to think twice before getting knocked up. A public service of sorts...
And I don't know about you, but there just isn't enough time between this pregnancy and the last one to have fogged my memory of having a newborn. It is like seeing a train come at me - in slow motion.