Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Have You Heard? I'm Having a Baby!

Okay, so today's midwifery appointment confirmed that the baby has started to drop and is in the perfect position for birth. What does that mean? Well, it means I could have my baby tomorrow or I could have it five weeks from now. I know, it's such a science.

For me, it means I have to pee every three seconds and have really intense pelvic pressure, but on the upside, the kid is out of my ribs and I can breath and eat again. So, yeah.

Being that I've been officially put on "any day" status, I'll do my darnedest to update the blog daily from here on out so you're not all biting your fingernails in anticipation of any news.

I know what you're thinking, "But, what will we do when you have the baby? What will we read? How will we survive?"

No worries, friends! I'm working on lining up a cracker jack team of guest posters to help me out while I'm on "maternity leave." Have I asked you to post yet? Don't worry, I will, because if I read your blog and you read mine, I'm asking. Actually, I've asked people who aren't even bloggers to guest post. And, if you are interested in writing a guest post and haven't been asked by say, tomorrow, shoot me an email.

8 comments:

kittyconcerto.com said...

Glad you can eat and breathe again. It's the little things in life.

Can't wait to guest post! :)

steenky bee said...

Hey, "Cracker Jack" team? Is that the same as "crack" team? Cause I'm pretty sure that cracker jack is cheap. Are you calling me cheap? If you are,well, then you know that just makes me love you all the more. Let me know when the big day gets here. I have all those shredded sheets and water on hand. Also, in the off-chance that I'll run into your mother has my head a spinnin'!!

Casey said...

Woo hoo, that's so exciting! I hated the pelvic pressure and constant peeing but it was so worth it in the end. Not knowing when it was going to happen was the worst feeling for me. I started leaking fluid with the first so they induced me and the second was under fetal stress so I got induced again. Both at routine doctor's appts and both EXACTLY two weeks early when I wasn't expecting it. Waiting sucks.

Cameron said...

Yeah breathing...boo peeing. Seems like a lot of peeing information going around today, weird ;)

abdpbt said...

Sure, I'll be your private dancer. Let me know when, and hope the little one comes sooner, rather than later.

Veronica said...

Don't they say that second babies drop shortly before labour, rather than weeks before like first babies?

blissfullycaffeinated said...

Ah, pelvic pressure. The joys. I can actually pop my pelvis at will now. It's a special talent that I have.

Exciting news about the impending birth! I'll be waiting to see how it turns out.

P.S. I have an award for you over at my place. :)

moo said...

How exciting!! Can't wait to meet the newest addition!!

(are you still going to keep Danny after baby gets here?)