Monday, December 1, 2008

UPDATE: No Baby, No Cry

Nope, he hasn't turned. But, he hasn't been born yet either. Dr. Magic Hands agreed to let me wait another week, as I've had no cramping, back aches, the Sprout is not engaged, and my cervix is still high and to the back.

We are all healthy and well, and presuming I don't go into labor in the next seven days, we'll be scheduling my C-section for early next week.

I may check in periodically, but mostly I'm just going to relax, enjoy your blogs, and let this already large baby pack on the ounces.

I'm feeling okay about this. One of the main reasons we had a home birth with Oscar is that I believe in my body. I believe in the ability of a woman to deliver a baby; I believe that our bodies know what to do and so do the babies. I think birth is just a natural part of life and when I was pregnant with Oscar, I had faith in my body and faith in my baby.

For the same reason, I've decided I need to accept this breech baby. I don't know why it is breech. I don't know why it won't turn, why my body won't allow it to turn, but I'm just going to accept that if it is breech, it needs to be breech. I am going to trust my body and this baby the same why I did when I was pregnant with Oscar.

The situation may not be ideal, but it is what it is and I'm gonna roll with it.

I'll talk to you all soon!

10 comments:

Cameron said...

Excellent attitude.

Casey said...

I'm glad you're feeling better about this, it sucks being so pregnant and not having things go the way you want them to. Sorry you have to wait another week...

Keely said...

I'm really sending "no C-section" vibes your way, but it will be what it will be. Fantastic attitude! I wish I could have adopted that more when my birth experience went sideways.

Xbox4NappyRash said...

I'm glad you are a little more at peace with what might come to pass, but dude, you are like 11 months pregnant!

That's cool.

Veronica said...

Sounds like a plan.

Susanica said...

As I mentioned in my earlier e-mail Jenni, we are very excited that Sprout will stay put for a little while longer. There's still a chance for the big "turn". Enjoy this last week with Oscar on your lap! -Monica

Super Ninja Mommy said...

It'll all be okay. What matters is the baby gets here, with both baby and mom healthy, and we know that will happen. The odds are very much in your favor. :-)

Good luck!!

Krystal said...

I am hoping he turns for you!!! I hated my C-section and I am not trying to scare you but I am a chicken-sh!t for pain.

But you are right, you know your body and your baby knows what to do and there is always a reason for why things happen the way that they do.

Good luck on the baby!!

bsouth said...

Good for you! That's a fantastic attitude to have and one that can only lead to a happy outcome. Good luck and I can't wait to hear your birth story.

Kristi said...

Good luck Jenni--I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you!