Tuesday, January 6, 2009

On Our Own

This is Day One with Nelson back at work and me home alone with the boys. I'm pleased to report that as of 9AM everyone was awake, out of bed, dressed, and fed (even me!) Though he's beginning to squeak, Miles has been lying by himself for a whole 20 minutes. That's 20 minutes that Oscar has had me all to himself, that I've had to sit in front of this blog, that I've been two handed once again.

Things are still going well, though not perfect. Oscar la Luchador grabbed poor little Miles's face and poked him in the eye yesterday and as we speak is trying to feed him peanut butter crackers but it could be worse. We are holding our own.

I've promised a birth story, and it is coming, but Miles' birth story is more than a blog post for me; it's a piece of our family history. I need some time to devote to that and this is literally the first five minutes I've had to myself all week.

More later - I'll be catching up with all of your blogs during nap time.

13 comments:

Cameron said...

Up and fed is good progress already!!

Keely said...

Lady, you should be NAPPING during nap time! Sounds like you're doing awesome!

Heather said...

Looking forward to the birth story!

bsouth said...

Blimey - up, fed and dressed before 9 - I rarely manage that and one of mine can dress herself! Sounds like you're doing ok but take note of what Keely says - you should nap during nap time!

Sarah's Blogtastic Adventures said...

LOL I remember when my 2nd was born my first was around 15 months and just learning body parts and she consistently poked Soph in the eye squealing "EYE" everytime. You think I would have caught on sooner. : ) Enjoy your boys!!

Casey said...

Oh, the first day alone is the scariest. Next comes the first trip out of the house alone with both kids. I hope you had a great first day but I'm sure you did good. We miss you but I agree with Keely, you should be NAPPING every chance you get.

Veronica said...

Everybody's fed? Even you? WOO!! Some days I don't even get that far with just Amy about.

PRM said...

20 minutes of lying down!?! Go Miles! Go Oscar! Go you!

It's been taking us about 3 hours to get X and I fed, dressed, and to daycare/work in the morning...:) I stand in awe.

blissfully caffeinated said...

Oh dude, my little one had Pink Eye three times in her first two months because of toddler hands in her face and eyes.

Glad it's going so well! And ditto to Keely who said YOU should be napping during nap time. Get some rest! :)

Kat said...

Make sure to take a nap along the way!

steenky bee said...

HOLY CRAP! I've missed you woman! How is it being a mutha of two? It's not twice as hard....it's more like four times as hard. (That's what he said).

But in all honesty, how did you know that I loved that episode of W&G? I even have it TIVOed. I love love the stalker aspect of it. And the dancing. My God, the dancing!

So glad to see you're back!

Oh, another Footloose thing, the Lehi Roller Mills where Kevin's character worked is just 30 minutes away from my house. I think of warm bread (that's what they manufacture there) and Kevin dancing whenever I drive by.

Have you ever seen the movie Hot Rod? You'll loose IQ points if you do, but I suggest you watch it for just the first 20 minutes or so. There's an awesome Footloose parody in it where the main character needs to go "punch and shadow dance" to work out his frustrations and he does the whole Footloose dance step for step.

Tara said...

Gosh, I only have ONE and being up and fed and dressed before 9 is an accomplishment most days!!

Glad to see you are doing well mama. Can't wait to read about the birth of Miles.

Take care of yourself, too!

Stimey said...

What does a newborn need more than peanut butter crackers? Oscar's taking good care of his baby.