Thursday, January 8, 2009

Wednesday

8:00am - Oscar wakes up. Mommy dresses him, herself, puts away laundry, and the two head downstairs for breakfast.

8:45am - Oscar and Mommy enjoy cinnamon toast for breakfast. Yum!

9:00am - Miles wakes up. Mommy brings him downstairs, changes him, nurse him, while Oscar quietly "reads" books in his chair.

9:45am - Miles enjoys tummy time and plays on his mat while Mommy and Oscar play with Mega Bloks.

10:15am - Diaper changes all around!

10:30am - Mommy nurses Miles while Oscar rocks his Bunny in the swing.

11:00 - Oscar begins melting down - Mommy puts him down for his nap and proceeds to change and nurse Miles.

11:10am - Oscar begins screaming like a banshee.

11:20am - Oscar stops screaming.

11:30am - Miles is asleep! Mommy places him in his chair and beings to sort and pre-treat stained laundry.

11:35am - Miles begins crying.

11:37am - Mommy begins nursing Miles again. Simultaneously, Oscar begins screaming like a banshee. Again.

11:45am - Miles is asleep (again.) Mommy heads upstairs to comfort Oscar.

11:49am - Mommy is rocking Oscar, trying to convince him that although he does not want to nap, his bunny does. Miles begins squawking.

11:52am - Miles stops squawking. Mommy puts Oscar (and his bunny) down (again) for nap time.

11:53am - Oscar begins screaming like a banshee.

11:53 and 12 seconds - Miles begins squawking.

11:54am - Mommy's head explodes; dogs lick brain matter off the floor.

11:55am - Mommy changes Miles from head to toe (yay, baby poop!) and nurses him.

11:57am - Oscar stops screaming. Mommy nures Miles. We all fall asleep.

Repeat on Thursday.

15 comments:

Sarah's Blogtastic Adventures said...

Oh the joys of head exploding days! My first I had to set a freakin alarm to wake her up to feed her, my second screamed every 10 minutes : ) I hear brain matter is really good for a dog by the way!

Heather said...

LOL!!!

Cameron said...

Mmmm....brain matter. Yummy!!

Divine Chaos said...

ya know, i always wanted another baby, close to my daughter's age. i'm beginning to think it's probably a good thing that i never had a second one when she was little lol

Baby Bunching said...

Great post. I think I will add this to our Baby BUnching bests this week. Very very very familiar. :-) Good luck.

Casey said...

You just perfectly described my day. There is rarely a time when both kids cooperate since they're plotting against me. I hope you get some rest soon.

bsouth said...

Yep, that sounds about right. I have had days where every time I go upstairs it's to put one melting down child down for a nap and get the screaming one back up.

kittyconcerto.com said...

Oh my gosh girl. The screaming would kill me.

Veronica said...

Now I'm nervous. Amy doesn't nap?!

And hey, at least the dogs got fed too!

Becky said...

Sounds like day of magical memories, all right! Wished I lived next door--I'd come hold the baby, or the laundry. Hang in there!

Keely said...

At least you have the dog for cleanup. I'm going to have to add that to my dog's list of duties if we ever have another kid.

Tara said...

Wow poor mama! I hope there is less screaming soon LOL (at least from the kids)

Krystal said...

That will be me in 2 months but add in drives to therapy and school - yeap - delightful - something to look forward to!

Kat said...

You couldn't pay me enough to do this again. I always say that until I see a baby and then I am like you couldn't pay me not to have another baby.

My word verification word is dachimp. Is your blog trying to tell me something?

-Knowles said...

Sounds so familiar! My two under two make me feel the same way. But, we'll do it all again tomorrow!