Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Wow do I Love Airplanes!

Hi, guys, Oscar here. Sorry I haven't posted for a while, but what with me trying to get in my mom's lap every time the new guy us hooked up to her feed bags, attempting to poison myself, and just making general mayhem, I haven't had two minutes. Life as a toddler, it's tough you know.

A couple of weeks ago, my mom and dad decided to act like good, engaged parents and actually took me to do something educational. Pick your jaws up from the ground, I know! The took me to an aviation museum. Mini Right Click isn't the only one who's parents care about his educational and cultural development.

Well, it turns out my parents don't know jack about aviation. So I had to give them a lesson.


So, here's me showing my folks how to run operations in a cockpit. I'm actually checking the altitude gage here. We're flying at about four feet.



In this shot I'm helping my dad build a model airplane. Doesn't he look board? Parents today, sheesh.

Okay, here I am explaining the Bernoulli Effect to Daddy, and as you can see he's really getting it. It really doesn't take much entertain adults, does it?




My Daddy really wanted to sit in the cockpit of a plane, so I humored him. But I wasn't happy about it.



Lastly, here's a photo of me dressed up like a real aviator. Can you believe my parents did this to me? [Ed. Note: I fully admit to dressing my son in aviator attire and I'm not apologizing for it. He looked freaking cute!] I was pretty annoyed, but it's going to be great therapy fodder in 20 years.

The only thing I don't have a photo of is Mommy chasing me through the museum wearing the new guy in a Snugly while Daddy was reading the captions on some old timey photographs and pretending not to know us. It was like a circus show, and by like a circus show I mean totally awesome and hilarious. But for some reason, Mommy didn't think so and the whole way home she kept saying something about getting me a leash. I'm not quite sure what a leash is, but as long as I can use to spill gallons of water everywhere and for the general destruction of my home, I'm sure I'll love it.

12 comments:

Keely said...

lol, "the new guy". Cute! Looks like he had fun - good for you for getting him all cultured n' stuff. My version of culturing my child consists of switching the tv station to the History channel.

Sarah's Blogtastic Adventures said...

Ahh that was hilarious and he is soo freakin cute in that jacket and glasses. : )

Cara said...

Oscar is such a handsome little man. I loved his aviator get-up! Looks like he had an awesome time.

Casey said...

I live the little aviator glasses and jacket. What a cute kid. Next time, I want to see that picture of you chasing him.... I'm usually behind the camera too and don't get in many pics but I'm trying to be better about it.

montana said...

love the way you wrote this one and the how you captured the looks on their faces!!

kittyconcerto.com said...

Love that last shot!

Stimey said...

I have these exact same photographs, only with my kids in them.

bsouth said...

Good to hear from you Oscar and I'm glad you enjoyed the day. Listen, don't worry about her dressing you up in stuff. All you have to do is get a jam sandwich and spread the jam as far as you can - that should soon stop her! Well done for getting Dad to sit still long enough to get some knowledge!

abdpbt said...

Very cute! I'm jealous of the aviation museum--I don't think we have anything like that around here. Mini is still obsessed with trains for now, but once he discovers airplanes we're in trouble.

Captain Dumbass said...

We took our boys to the Museum of Flight in Seattle last fall and they went nuts. Taking them again in the spring so they'll stop threatening us. Loved the pilots jacket.

Momma Bear said...

hehe what a cutie! Hope you are doing good and getting perhaps a little sleep!

Krystal said...

Yeah, my kids do that sort of thing all the time. I am glad that I have not let them have reigns over my blog - if I did, you guys would call DCF on me for sure!