Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Random Tuesday Thoughts

randomtuesday

Holy crap am I tired. Why oh why did Miles pick this week, the week his dad is in California all week, to start waking twice a night again? Why, Miles, why?

Last night, Danny's Mommy witnessed Oscar running amok and attempting to drink Jet Dry, the only cleaning product I don't keep in my basement after this incident. Totally made me look like a responsible child care option, sigh. On the upside, Jet Dry is not toxic. Also, today I've noticed that Oscar is completely residue free.

I am so freaking tired.

Oscar has taken to asking for Elmo, as in Sesame Street. But he absolutely only asks for Elmo when Sesame Street is not on, so he basically never gets to watch it. You can imagine how well that goes over.

Miles has awful cradle cap (or cradle crap as I affectionately refer to it) and it's driving me nuts. Oscar didn't have cradle crap. Then again, he didn't have hair either, so go figure.

My mom bought Oscar a web cam for his birthday eight months ago and has only just now signed up for Skype. I just wanted to remind you all how crazy she is, since I haven't done a crazy mom post in a while.

I am so ready for spring.

Oscar and Danny are super into choo-choos right now. I have exactly two books with trains in them and no train toys. I'm way behind the curve on this one.

As I type this, Danny and Miles are napping peacefully. Oscar is wrecking the joint.

Oscar is all about telling me when he has a poo-poo or pee-pee diaper. "Pee-pee diaper?" or "Poo-poo diaper?" he'll say, grabbing his crotch. I have a doctor's appointment for both boys tomorrow and I just know the pediatrician is going to tell me he's showing signs he's ready to start potty training. But you know what? I'm not ready to start potty training. These boys have me maxed out and I don't think I can manage even one more thing with them right now.

Speaking of poo-poo diapers, Oscar just pooped. I wonder how long until he tells me.

At what point to toddlers stop eating crayons? Because Oscar loves coloring but he also loves to eat crayons and I can't really have the eating of crayons.

My jeans are getting looser, yay!

11 comments:

Cameron said...

We're stalling on potty training the boy too, he tries to sit on the potty, but it's generally a waste of time. He's gone twice now, but I don't think he even realized it.

Peggy said...

I love that you're waiting until he tells you until you change Oscar's poopy pants! LOL!

ps - new reader loving the blog...I'll be back to explore after Random Thoughts....

Becky said...

Ugh, I am so slacking in the potty training department. Hank has peed in the potty a handful of times, but he has no sustained interest in it, and frankly, neither do I. I need someone to give ME treats for working on it with him.

Hang in there!

EllenMarie said...

Duuude. Don't stress about the potty training. Ste>en was practically four by the time he "got it". Would you rather clean up crappy and pissy clothes or just change a diaper? I am lazy so I went the diaper route...

Sarah's Blogtastic Adventures said...

Uggg potty training is amlost more work than chainging yucky diapers I vote keep him in diapers till Kindergarden or until he trains himself! : )

yay on the loose jeans!

Susanica said...

Hmmm...and here I thought you did a good job last night just sensing that Oscar might be up to no good in the 10 seconds he was in the kitchen. Glad to know he's residue free and that the rememdy for Jet Dry is to drink water. (I'd like to add that he did not ingest the Jet Blue).

It's funny Oscar is letting you know when he's gone potty. Danny totally denies it. You can tell he's going--even watch the back of his pants expand like a balloon and yet when you ask him he vehemently shakes his head no. I have to agree with commenter Sarah. Just keep em in diapers til they can change themselves ;-)

Hope all 3 take a nap together this afternoon so you can get a nap. We'll send some of the train books we got at the library along with Danny okay? -Monica

Momma Bear said...

oh geez, bad timing!
I call it cradle crap too!

Casey said...

Oh no, potty training. I say wait until college, that's what I'm planning on doing.

I'm glad Oscar didn't really get to "hit the bottle" like he was trying... that kid is going to give you a heart attack one of these days.

I used an eczema cream on Elliot's cradle cap.

Keely said...

I spent many blissful hours picking at X's cradle c(r)ap. I guess you don't get to sit and do that with the second kid.

(He has a ton of hair now but it's still kind of under there. Sometimes when he's zoned out I still sneak up and pick at it quietly).

Happy Tuesday!

sammanthia said...

Potty training can suck it. It took months for Rye to stop pooping in his hand and saying, "Look what came outta my butt!". GROSS.

bsouth said...

Mmm, the tired - so draining. They never stop eating crayons is my considered opinion! Ignore the paediatrician - you're right to do it when you're ready otherwise you'll just get stressed and that will stress him. When I finally started with the girl, for the first couple of weeks we only did pants in the house - anytime we went anywhere we put a nappy on her. It's a gentle way of introducing it!