Monday, March 2, 2009

13 Ways my Mom is Exactly Like Paula Abdul

In honor of the return of American Idol (don't judge), a list of ways my mom is exactly like Paula Abdul.

1. She wears tons and tons of jewelry, including seven rings and dangley earrings.
2. She has big hair
3. She found Emilio Estevez attractive in the 90s
4. Her outfits sometimes looks like costumes
5. She loves Coke (the soda, dummies)
6. She likes younger men
7. Even when she's being mean, she does it in a nice way
8. When she claps her hands, her fingers to not touch
9. She's 5'2"
10. Sometimes she's incoherent
11. She confuses easily
12. She can bust a move - my mom was on a television dance show in the 60s
13. She's unpredictable

For more Listless Monday's, head over to Anna's place.

11 comments:

Sarah's Blogtastic Adventures said...

Hilarious! I wanna hang out with your mom. : )

Swistle said...

Ha ha! But can she dance with a cartoon cat?

abdpbt said...

I'm so sorry to hear your mom is addicted to painkillers and has affairs with American Idol cast offs. But then, nobody's perfect.

Momma Bear said...

Girl you're always making me laugh!

Susanica said...

I don't even watch that show Jenni but I love this post. Must be because I've met your mom! ;-)

(Um she reads these posts and comments right?) -Monica

FoN said...

That fingers not touching thing is weird. I've always wanted to know what the deal is with that. Could you ask your mom for me?

Also, I'm glad 'she's bat-shit crazy' didn't appear on that list!

Casey said...

To be fair, everyone had a crush on Emilio back then. I just had to do the no finger touching hand clap to see what the fuss was all about. Not only did it look weird, it felt weird too.

Eliz said...

Where are the photos of his hysterical mom?

Xbox4NappyRash said...

I had a big crush on her!

Posters on my wall and everything. Loved that mole.

Does Paula Abdul hate fat people too?

Crazy Meme said...

My fingers do to touch. The rest if true. I know you love me best.

bsouth said...

hahaha - your mum sounds great.