Wednesday, March 11, 2009

The F-Word

Scene: It is dinnertime at the Oscarelli household some three days ago. Miles is cooing happily and, shockingly, Oscar is very quietly enjoying his beef and bean tacos (thank you, slow cooker!)

Jenni: Blah, blah, blah

Nelson: Blah, blah, blah,

Oscar (quietly) : Fuck

Jenni: Did you just hear that? (to Oscar) What did you just say?

Oscar: ...

Nelson: I didn't hear anything.

Jenni: Oh, okay. I must be hearing things. Blah, blah, blah.

Nelson: Blah, blah, blah

Oscar: Fuck. Fuck!

Jenni: Now, I KNOW you heard that.

Nelson (whispers): Did he just say the f-word?

Jenni (laughing): YES!
Oscar: Fuck. Fuck! Fuck!

Nelson (also laughing): Where'd he learn that? PJ?

Jenni: PJ doesn't say the f-word. YOU say the F-word.

Nelson: Shit, you're right.

Jenni: Nelson!

Oscar (vaguly gesturing at Nelson): Fuck. Fuck? Fuck!

Nelson: Oh, sorry. No, wait. He's not saying fuck. He's saying truck. He's pointing to the trucks outside of the window. (gestures to trucks outside the window behind himself)

Jenni: He's not saying truck. He knows how to say truck. He's saying fuck. Oscar, stop it. Stop saying that.

Oscar (whining and frantically gesturing in Nelson's direction): Fuck! Waa! Fuck!

Nelson: Is he calling ME a fuck?

Jenni (laughing): Maybe. No, wait! He WANTS something. He's NOT saying fuck. He's saying FORK. Nelson he wants your FORK! (Jenni, feeling like Sherlock Holmes)

Oscar (visibly agitated): Fuck fuck fuck fuck!

Nelson: Oscar, do you want my fork?

Oscar: Yeah! Yeah! Fuck! Fuck!

Jenni: Pronounced like a true Italian! I guess we'll have to work on that one. And our language.

19 comments:

Sarah's Blogtastic Adventures said...

Oh that is hilarious! At least it wasent in some fancyy resturant with the in laws?! : )

Peggy said...

I love it!

A friend of mine's little girl used to yell firefuck firefuck! every time she saw a firetruck!

Becky said...

ha! I would have been laughing too, even though it's not the right thing to do in those moments!

Speaking of which, I need to stop calling the dog a "dumbass," 'cause I just heard Hank saying, "dumbask, dumbask!"

sammanthia said...

HILARIOUS! I remember when C was 4 and he told G "Eff off". I could have DIED.

Cameron said...

he'll be using the real thing soon enough. ;)

Casey said...

Phew! We've been through the "did he just SAY that?" stage. So far, Graham has only said it once when someone ran a stop sign and almost hit us. Then he started chanting it over and over until I convinced him that I said "phone" so he yelled that instead.

It's so rewarding to finally figure out what the hell they're saying, no?

Keely said...

Bwahhahhaha! That's fantastic. I need to tone down my language, but probably won't, so we'll be having that same conversation with X in about 6 months.

Heather said...

Oh what a funny story!!!

Momma Bear said...

what a cutie!
I gave you an award btw!


http://anxiousmonkey.com/2009/03/kreative-blogger-award.html

Xbox4NappyRash said...

he's now even cuter!

Kat said...

The classic story around my house growing up is when I mortified my mom in the middle of Shoney's screaming "I want a fuck (fork)!" and she was going "Ok..her is your FORK FORK FORK"

Susanica said...

Oh crappiola! It's not like Oscar and Danny imitate each other or anything. Oh dear! ;-) -Monica

Stephanie said...

Effing Hilarious!!

abdpbt said...

This is hilarious! Mini hasn't said a bad word yet, but it's just a matter of time.

Sprite's Keeper said...

That will go down in Oscarelli history! Priceless!

Bridgeburners said...

That went over a lot better than when my kids repeat something I said.

Stimey said...

Oh, that's really funny. Fork is a tough word. To this day, I mean to say fork and instead I curse up a storm. :)

bsouth said...

Tee-hee!

Sherendipity said...

This post was featured on the Connoisseur du Jour Sunday Funnies