Monday, March 23, 2009

I'm Shrinking!

Guess who lost another 2.4 lbs this week? I did! I did! Yippie! Now that I'm down nearly ten pounds two pairs of my postpartum jeans are literally falling off and I'm down one jeans size. I rule! Goooooo me!


Confession #1: I did not exercise, not once. I did play outside with the kids a couple of days, but the weather was kind of cold and rainy in the mid-Atlantic last week. Being that my whole exercise plan hinges around walking outdoors with children, cold and rain throws a major wrench in things.


BUT. I'm motivated to start moving, because if I'm doing this well sans exercise, I'm going to destroy some serious ass fat once I get going.

Confession #2: I ate a piece of chocolate cake with cream cheese frosting at my friend's daughter's ninth birthday party this weekend. And some bread pudding. And two cheese biscuits.


BUT. Other than the two cheese biscuits (which I kind of shared with Oscar), I ate in MODERATION. The piece of cake was a normal sized piece of cake, not the mammoth hunk I would have formerly eaten, and only like a half cup of bread pudding. So while I did indulge, I did not over indulge, so I think that's a score.


Confession #3: I doubt I'll exercise this week. I have thrush, which if you don't know, is a yeast infection on/in my nipples and milk ducts. And is SUPER painful (like a burn) and itchy. I'm on a boat load of antifungals and probiotics (as is Miles), but unfortunately yeast thrives on sugar and breast milk is full of sugar so it can take a while to go away. Up to seven days to even feel relief. Anyways, so with the itching and burning, moving more is on hold. A bonus to thrush is that I look like I'm groping myself in public. It's awesome.


BUT. I'm supposed to avoid sugars and starchy foods because of the thrush, so I'm hoping this will boost my weight loss as I normally eat tons of sugars and starchy foods (see: my ass.)

Stats:

Down: 8.4.
Remaining: 78.6 (yowza!)

Goal for this week: Hit the 10 lb mark; stop itching my nipples in public; stop itching my nipples period (do I need to write a letter to you, Thrush? Because I do not play.)

Go and heckle my fellow HASAYers over here. They heart negative humor.

15 comments:

Cameron said...

Congrats on the weight loss. Sorry to hear about your nipples. REALLY, I'm sorry I HEARD about your nipples ;)

Sarah's Blogtastic Adventures said...

Thats great!!! Eating smaller portions is hard for me so I feel the need to workout 7 hours a day so I can overinduldge myself. At least till I majorly injure myself for being such a dumbass : )

Casey said...

Woo hoo, that's great news! Well, not the itchy nipples part but the weight loss and baggy jeans part. Keep it up. And you have a HASAY excuse to skip the workout since itchy nips aren't fun when you're jogging.

sammanthia said...

Mmmm, cake. I love cake. We have a DQ cake in the freezer left over from Friday night when we celebrated Ryerson's birthday. If it's still there when Mark gets home from work I'll be surprised. Willpower isn't one of my strengths.
Congrats on the weight loss!

Peggy said...

Jenni, it sounds like your doing a great job! Sorry about the thrush...yuck...

ps - my word verification was itchynips!
j.k.

kirsty815 said...

LMAO at you groping yourself in public, but sooo not laughing at the itchy nipples,so not fun! Congrats on your weight loss!

Kirst

Sprite's Keeper said...

You gave me my first out loud laugh today at trying to ebb scratching your nipples in public! Congrats on the weight loss and you are to be commended for not overdoing the indulgence. I know I would not have that type of control on my cheat days!

crazylovescompany said...

You rock.

kittyconcerto.com said...

Woo Hoo on the weight loss! And I forget often that I'm in public and find myself scratching my nips too. I'm classy. lol

abdpbt said...

Awesome on the weight loss. That cake sounds delicious, and moderation really is the key. I reminded myself of this this weekend when I drank a few glasses of water during dinner to cut down on the hunger, really works.

This is great!

PRM said...

Ditto on the exercising - although I will do yoga rather than eating 2 pieces of pizza tomorrow night.

So proud of you! Can't wait to see how you do this Saturday!!!
- your weight loss buddy

Keely said...

Sweet! Congrats! Go shopping!

Um, maybe after you're done itching.

FoN said...

Nice going! Who cares how it come off? You're down 2.4 pounds, and you'll never have to see it again.

And, cream cheese frosting is GOOD.

Veronica said...

Ah thrush, how I hate thee. Between thrush and a possible milk protein allergy, Isaac's bum is bleeding and raw. Not my favourite thing. Probably not his either, but at least he won't remember it.

bsouth said...

Ooooh love, itchy nipples - that's bad.

Well done on the weight loss though - that is brilliant!