Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Random Tuesday Thoughts: Holy Christ Can This Kid Eat

randomtuesday

Miles is going through a growth spurt and holy soggy nipples Batman, I'm exhausted. It's awesome when he's taking a 3 hour nap but KILLING me when he needs to nurse for the entire 1.5 hours he's awake.

I'm in love with my slow cooker these days. I love that I can prepare dinner during nap time and it's ready when Nelson gets home at 6pm. It's so much better than trying to cook around an constantly nursing infant and and into everything toddler. God that makes me sound domestic.

So, daylight savings. I hate losing an hour right? But see, my kids should be sleeping until 8AM now (they usually wake at 7AM) so I was thinking I LOVE daylight savings time. Except for now my kids are getting up at 6AM. What the hell's up with that?

Miles when from sleeping from 7:30PM to 5AM to waking around 1AM and around 3AM and around 5AM. Oh, growth spurt, why do you torture me like this?

AND, Miles' but, the abscess? Still not fully healed. We're back in for our second surgical consult and FOURTH follow up appointment this coming Monday. It really small and practically gone, but it's been four weeks and the sucker is sticking around. I'm so done with it. And having to bathe the area twice a day and wash his bottom with soap and water during each diaper change is a lot. Do you know how many diaper changes a newborn goes through in a day?

Ants. I have them. I found them circling around my sink yesterday AM. Not many, maybe like a dozen. I think it is because we have a leaky pipe and there is a pan catching the dirty ant-yummy water. But don't ants hate water?

And that leaky pipe? So, Nelson told me it was from our old faucet, so we bought a $200 faucet to replace the old one. And a week later, I noticed the pipe was still leaking and I was like, "Um, why is this pipe leaking? You said you fixed this." And he was like, "What? I told you it was still leaking." Okay, he so DID NOT tell me it was still leaking, because now the cabinet beneath our sink is soaked and cracking and dishwasher detergent is ruined and we have ants and I WOULD HAVE REMEMBERED THAT. And why the heck did he think it was okay to have a leaky pipe and make no plan to fix it? He just let the sucker leak and ruin our cabinet. And he goes into that cabinet every night when he takes out the trash. I'm so annoyed. I wanted to call a plumber but my husband insists he can fix it. This is after he already "fixed" it once. He's going by Home Depot tonight for materials, and probably a new tool. If he can't do it this time, I'm calling a plumber. And an exterminator. And a divorce lawyer (kidding.)

Hop on over to the Un Mom for more randomness, or to join in on the fun.

11 comments:

Sarah's Blogtastic Adventures said...

Water ants love water, they are big and fat not the skinny food lovin kind.

It is so sad that I read your whole post and now cant remember anything else to comment on.: ) I hate getting old!!!

Peggy said...

Ok, I need to know where you're getting your slow cooker recipes! I can never find any that look any good!

Kat said...

I love my slow cooker too. My problem is forgetting to assemble something in the morning and then at dinner time going "Crap I was gonna make that in the slow cooker!"

mrsbear said...

Call the plumber now. Do not pass go, do not collect $200.

Growth spurts are worse, almost as bad as teething, but one hurdle at a time, right? Good luck.

Keely said...

That DOES make you sound domestic, but I love my slow cooker too. Although I have the same problem Kat has.

Hope the abscess heals soon :( Too bad you can't feed infants massive doses of Vitamin E or echinacea or any of those other fabulous things we ingest ourselves.

Casey said...

It felt wrong when I first fell in love with my crock pot but if loving it is wrong, I don't wanna be right.

I'm so sorry to hear about the non-sleep, I hope the kids get with the program soon. Growth spurts always throw a wrench in every plan and it sucks.

Good luck with the abscess healing and the ants and the leaks. Man, you've got a lot going on.

Cameron said...

We had ants last summer....couldn't figure out why the hell they were lingering around. I finally found a rotten bag of potatoes after about a month.

Susanica said...

So hey Jenni. Before you spring for a plumber ask Su to take a look at it. She's really, really good at stuff like that and I know for a fact we have just about every tool in our basement known to man (or women.) -Monica

Heather said...

I haven't even unpacked my slow cooker...it's been "like" 4 months. Man I don't even know if I remember how to use that sucker.

Heidi said...

Call the plumber. And the exterminator. And pick up some formula or pump so your darling husband can take one of the 1-3-5 feedings. I am a BIG supporter of breastfeeding, but after a bout of the flu, we had a can of formula in the house. Now hubby gives the little monster a bottle in the middle of the night and I get 4 STRAIGHT HOURS OF SLEEP (remember what that was like?!) Trust me - the guilt goes away fast. Growth spurts suck and will *literally* suck the life out of you. Oh, and call the plumber. Most husbands can turn a $75 repair into a $200 repair in minutes... or maybe it's just mine ;) And the exterminator is worth it too - check online for coupons. The "green" one we called had an online coupon for $99 ant treatment. Well worth it. Good luck!

bsouth said...

Yuck to growth spurts. They suck!

I do know how many nappies a newborn goes through - far too many to be using soap and water everytime - poor you. I hope it gets sorted soon.

Good luck with the ants (mass death thereof) and the plumbing.