Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Snippits

Scene: Two weeks ago, the Oscarelli Family kitchen. Jenni is fixing dinner, Nelson has a whining Miles in a carrier and is chasing Oscar in and out of the kitchen.

Jenni (not holding a child for the first time in eight hours): Nelson, thank you so much for watching the boys while I cook dinner. You have no idea how much easier it is to prepare food without one kid hanging off my boob and the other hanging off my leg. You are really doing a great job with them.

Nelson (out of breath from chasing Oscar): Really? I mean, all I'm doing is barely containing the chaos.

Jenni: Welcome to my world.

11 comments:

Keely said...

So. True.

Sarah's Blogtastic Adventures said...

Great line! Thats what I feel I am doing 24/7 : )

Momma Bear said...

barely containing the chaos! hahaha

all i can think is "can you really contain the chao?"

that's awesome!

Heidi said...

I think I've had this same conversation with my husband, almost verbatim. Scary.

A random comment - my 3.5 yr. old son loves your site. Every time he caught me reading it he'd point to the screen and say "baby". I told him the baby's name, so now he says "Oscar! Not the Grouch." I love your kid's names - my oldest is Theodore Miles, so that's a favorite here.

Sprite's Keeper said...

Oh, yeah. Now, just give Nelson a prosthetic belly and he should be about there..

Casey said...

Yup, sounds about right. I had visions of sugar plums and quiet mother/children bonding moments in my head when I envisioned being a mother. Now I feel like a zookeeper.

Becky said...

Oh, doesn't it feel so good to NOT be holding the baby at the end of the day?

crazylovescompany said...

Containing the chaos. I'm going to remember that. Love it.

Kat said...

This reminds me of a conversation my husband and I had when my kids were 3 year and 6 months old.

Him "What are we doing this weekend?"
Me "Hun, I am just trying to survive the day"
Him "You make it sound like there are snipers outside"

Krystal said...

I'm with Casey on that one - but heck, Daddy's should know what it feels like too. In my case, I'm more like the daddy and my husband is more like the mommy - while I am at work, when I get home, all gloves come off and I am both while he takes a "break from the kids" and falls asleep on the La-Z-Boy. Ugh! Men

bsouth said...

Bless him - he'll get the hang of it eventually.