Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Random Tuesday Thoughts: Thoughts?

randomtuesday

Casey says this is what the cool kids are doing, so here I am with another edition Keely's now famous RTT.

Have you ever seen that movie Forrest Gump? Of course you have. Every one's seen that movie. Okay, well there's this scene, right after he somehow miraculously graduated from college where an Army recruiter comes up to Forrest and says something like, "Son, have you given any thought to your plans after college?" And he responds, "Thought?" as though having an actual thought never occurred to him. That part absolutely SLAYS me. Yeah, I know.

Miles rolled over for the first time two and a half weeks ago. He was just over three months. Now, he's rolling all over the damn place and loving it. Except once he gets to his tummy, he can't roll back onto his back, so he melts down after about five minutes and I have to roll him back over. At which point he almost IMMEDIATELY rolls back over onto his tummy again. Oscar didn't roll over until he was four months, but it wasn't until he was six months that he did it with any regularity. Miles is on fire.

Speaking of tummy time, Miles does not get enough of it and I'm certain he's getting a flat head. Certain in the way all moms of newborns are obsessed with their baby's heads, because right now I'm looking at it and it is perfect.

Another word on Miles: teething. Boy is drooling up a storm and nipping at the nips ALREADY. Memo to Miles: don't bite the boob that feeds you, or you'll be sucking on synthetic whether you like it or not.

And feet? Miles has found them. It's a love match.

Oscar is talking up a GD storm. I'm estimating that he has in the neighborhood of 200 words and maybe 5 or 6 two and three word sentences. I can understand what he's saying most of the time. He's been screaming "BIRTHDAY!" and requesting to "Wa han?" (wash hands) like forty times a day. There has never been a child with such clean hands. He's also now saying "Lub you" (love you) and I cry just about every time he says it.

Nelson has fixed the sink! And exterminator is coming this week! And my nipples no longer itch. Hopefully, this is the last you will ever hear of leaks and ants on this blog. There will likely be more talk of nipples. Sorry, just being honest.

While Oscar was down for the count, he watch more TV than he ever has in his life. It was mostly in the form of movies. And when I say movies, I mean movie and that movie was Finding Nemo. One day we watched that bad boy four times. He'd occasionally settle for Cars, but found WALL-E unbearable and just ask for Nemo the whole time it was on. Now that he's better, we're off Nemo, but that doesn't stop him from asking for is 40 bermillion times a day and melting down at least 50 percent of the time when the movie is denied.

I have been extremely cranky and short tempered this past week and I think it's because my neck hurts so bad I think it might fall off. I'm hoping a visit to the chiropractor will help because I can't stand myself and if I can't stand myself, poor Nelson and Oscar must be ready to nail my ass to a cross.

It occurs to me that it is probably in bad taste to make a crucifixion joke so soon after Easter. But, it has been nearly 2,000 years so I think Jesus jokes are fair game.

I'm going to bite the bullet and go to the dentist sometime next month. Be prepared for lots of whiny posts about my terrible dental health. I'm only going for the blog fodder. It's gonna be awesome.

I just heard my dog vomit in the other room. I'm missing a crayon so I bet that vomit is gonna beeeeeeeeeeee - BLUE! Ding, ding, ding! And what do I win? A chance to mop up blue dog vomit? Now that is truly awesome.

17 comments:

Cameron said...

Monsters, Inc. is a good alternative. Bug's Life, Ratatouille, and Madagascar and good too. Yes, I am lame.

blissfully caffeinated said...

We went to Hawaii when Caroline was 2 years old and when we got off the plane we accidentally left her movie case behind. The only one we had was the one in the portable DVD player: Finding Nemo. We were in Maui for 5 days and Finding Nemo played non stop for every one of the five days. I would be perfectly happy to never see that thing again.

P.S. I'm so happy about your nipples. :)-

Kat said...

My dog puked twice this morning and all I could think was "dude, that had better be on the tile and not the carpet". It wasn't.

Casey said...

Man, you're so lucky that Oscar will sit still for TV. Neither of my kids will and it sucks ass.

The flat head will even out. Graham spent his first five months in a swing (he LOVED that swing), so much that we called it Daddy #2 and he basically had a slanted head. The back of his head looked like a ramp. He grew out of it.

Cara said...

What? No more nipples? Where will we get our daily dose of boob? Totally kidding. I'm so OK with not hearing about other ladies lady parts.

And the dentist? Yeah. We don't like each other, either. My old one? I bit him. Not on purpose. And this one now? They leap at the chance to gas me up or sedate me because apparently I make them laugh the entire time.

I am Harriet said...

I know that dog vomit noise and I do empathize with ya.

Becky said...

Oy, hopefully you have a blue rug?

My kids don't really like Wall-E either. Maybe it's too high-concept?

And congrats on the nipples!

GreenJello said...

I love little toddler speak. I miss it!

Swoozie said...

Ah yes! You had blue doggie vomit this morning! I just had the garden variety yellow dog pee this morning! Ack!!!! Dogs are great but it seemed they were far greater before we had the kids! The poor sweet things.

Loving your randomness!

blueviolet@A Nut in a Nutshell said...

I remember the tummy time issue but they fuss on their bellies. They're probably getting tired holding up those gigantic heads of theirs. Who can take the fussing..so back on their backs and flat heads they go.

sammanthia said...

I think I'm the only person alive who can't stand the movie Forrest Gump. Whenever someone says, "Life is like a box of chocolates" it makes me want to chew glass. "Thoughts?" *is* pretty funny, though.

Heidi said...

I've had an utterly crap day and your post about the Jesus jokes made me laugh so hard I nearly dropped the baby. I get where you're coming from - mine are the same age as yours (without the rolling - yet) and we're finishing up tax season, so I know all about being Mrs. Crabbyass. Hang in there - help (whether chiropractic or alcoholic) is only a short ride away!

mrsbear said...

Nothing says love like doggie puke. Gurg.

My six year old still has a flat spot on his head from back sleeping with his head turned slightly to the left. He probably could have used one of those goofy shaping helmets but it's too late now. Besides the lack of symmetry gives his enormous cranium oodles of character.

Keely said...

Yeah, I'm thinking 2000 years pretty much covers the "resist telling jokes out of respect for the dead" rule.

Glad your nipples are back to normal!

(How many times do you think I'll ever say that again in my life?)

kyooty said...

Awwwwww that "lub you" melts my heart! :)
My middle boy used to say "luba luba lub you" so awwwwwww!

bsouth said...

I love your random thoughts - it's probably the best one I've read! I'm especially pleased to hear about the feet, the nips, the sink and the ants - in no particular order.

elizabeth (dundee) lampert said...

The Aussies have a complaint about Finding Nemo...they wonder why all the fish in the SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA harbor speak with AMERICAN accents.