So, Anna over at abdpbt tagged me for this six random things meme. I'm actually totally stressed about several things that I've already blogged to death (Miles's abscess, my leaky sink, ants, and my itchy nipples), this this couldn't come at a better time. Because, to be honest? Even I'm tired of hearing about all that crap. So here goes.
1. Link to the person who tagged you.
2. Post the rules on your blog.
3. Write six random things about yourself.
4. Tag six people at the end of your post and link to them
5. Let each person know they’ve been tagged and leave a comment on their blog.
6. Let the tagger know when your entry is up.
Six Random Things About Me.
1. My last semester in college, I drew a giant penis on the college president's parking place. My feminist group was doing it in protest of the fact there had been several stranger rapes on campus and just off campus and there had been no response from the administration. No warnings to students, no nothing. So, we went all around campus drawing penises and writing, "This is power at [insert college]" and "Your daughters are not safe at [insert college]" and stuff like that because it was spring and there were a ton of prospective student's touring the campus. But, what's really funny about this is that the reason I was the one to draw the giant penis and not either of my two buddies (it was night, so we went out in groups because, you know rapist on the loose) is because I was the only one who'd ever actually seen a real, live penis. But, it didn't really look like one anyways. It looked enough like one that you'd know what it was, but it was more like a penis caricature. At the time, I didn't even think it was a big deal, until it was on the front page of our campus paper the next day, and the administration invited our group to a meeting to discuss campus safety and such. Score us!
2. I started dying my hair when I was 15 and didn't stop until I after I became a stay-at-home mom. Expensive hair cuts were one of the things nixed from our budget so I could quit my job. Up until this point, Nelson had never seen my real hair color, and I couldn't remember what it was. And, you know what? I actually really like my natural color. Who'd of guessed it?
3. While Nelson earned his PhD, I worked super shitty non-profit jobs to support us. Or, rather, to almost support us. Even though he had a fellowship to pay his tuition, we still went into significant debt because we did things like buy groceries. But, I was the bread winner in these parts for some five years. One day, Nelson saw my bi-weekly paycheck and it was for like $725 or something like that, and he was like, "This is what you get paid ever two weeks?" And I was like, "Yep, that's it." And he said, "Oh my god! We're rich!" I kid you not. He still has no concept of money.
4. I back in 2001, when I was driving my '89 Ford Escort (five door hatchback, white with a red racing stripe) I was pulled over by a cop who stepped out in the middle of the street and put his hand out, like crossing guards do when they want to stop traffic. I was going 55 MPH in a 30 MPH zone. The Escort's maximum speed? 55 MPH. On a hill.
5. Yeah, I'm all out. My nipples are itchy, my kitchen has ants, my sink is leaking, and my baby has a persistent peri anal abscess.
1. Sarah, at Sarah's Blogtastic Adventures
2. Peggy at Sir Crazy in the Suburbs
3. Cameron at Get the Stink Off
4. Keely at the Un Mom
5. Monica at Oh, Susanica!
6. Kat at 3 Bedroom Bungalow to Let in Crazytown