Sunday, April 12, 2009

What's Going On (Like the Song, but Not)

Wow, things have been crazy this past week. Poor Oscarelli and my reader have been quite neglected. But, it seems I've been much to busy living life to blog it this past week. Shocking, I know.

Oscar is doing much better. He's still got a bit of a cough, but he's breathing, which we like. Three cheers for breathing!

Miles had his visit with the surgeon last week and was declared abscess-free. Okay, it's still there, but the surgeon said it's fine how it is - that it can continue filling and draining until it stops or I get tired of it and want to bring him back in. The surgery would involved the surgeon opening up and "filleting" the abscess and cleaning it out and we are just not all about that. NOTE TO SURGEONS: Do not refer to surgery as "filleting" especially when the patient is a child. It's mucho creepy.

This weekend, we went to Philly to one of my college roommate's wedding. It was an Indian wedding and it was basically the most awesome wedding I've ever seen or heard of in my entire life. Her family partied their faces off. It was amazing and beautiful and I'm so glad we are able to be there and celebrate with her and her new husband. Congratulations, Ami and Neil! Here's wishing you a long, happy life together.

Oscar stayed with his grandparents for the weekend, but Miles came with us and he was a trooper. He melted down on the way home from the Mendhi party on Friday night, and cried when my friend Greta held him (just to spook you, Greta) but was otherwise a Model Baby. He even slept in Saturday and Sunday until 8:30, proving once again that he is the perfect baby.

Blog spoiler: a crazy mom list tomorrow and later this week a story about how I saved a kid from drowning.

9 comments:

Keely said...

"filleting"?? *shudder*

Glad everybody's feeling better and you had some fun!

Becky said...

Ooh, I'll stay tuned!

Veronica said...

Filleting? Ugh.

Cara said...

Filleting...even more appetizing first thing in the morning.

Yay for babies that are feeling better!

bsouth said...

Blimey - those surgeons are thoughful aren't they?

Yay for the breathing - that sounds like the kind of thing we like.

You saved a child from drowning - wow, you're a real life hero!! Well done you, can't wait to hear all about it.

Sarah's Blogtastic Adventures said...

Oooh I am all about anything having to do with crazy Moms! : )

Glad everyone is feeling better!

blissfully caffeinated said...

Breathing is definitely a good thing.

Filleting? WTF?

Glad the kids are better! Looking forward to upcoming posts! I love exclamation marks!

Cara said...

Yeeaahh...I haven't let Doctor read my blog really. He pretty much is anti-computer-I guess from staring at one all day at work. Comments are open now. For some reason it has automatically been set to comments closed & I can't figure out how to make it stop doing that. Plus I'm scatterbrained & forget to reset it manually with each new post.

Casey said...

Oh my, that would freak me out too. In fact, it did freak me out.

I'm cheering over here for breathing Oscar! So glad to hear he's doing better. Also, glad you got a mini-vacation, Miles must have enjoyed having you guys all to himself and Oscar must have loved the one on one time with the gparents. Yay.