Monday, May 4, 2009

My Ass isn't the Only Thing I'm Losing

For the record, I haven't been lame w/my HASAY weight loss up dates because I'm not losing weight. I'm just lame. I have been losing weight. In fact, I've lost quite a bit. It's just there has been a lot going on around here.


So, a few weeks ago, Nelson says to me, "Check out the roof outside of Oscar's room. There's been some Damage."


And I say, "Like from a tree limb?


And he say, "Or a meteorite."


Being that if our house was struck by a meteorite it would probably have burned to the ground, I'm pretty sure it was a tree limb. Also, I don't know if my homeowners insurance would cover meteorite damage and that's not the kind of question I want to ask them. Because while it might be funny, in my experience, insurance adjusters aren't really funny type people.


Anyways, the damage looked like some broken shingles and Nelson figured he could just fix that. Because he is an engineer, a plumber, and now a roofer. I wanted to call the appropriate professional, however in the interest of my husband's ego, I did not insist.


Well, the broken shingles were only the tip of the iceberg. There turned out to be a sizable hole in the actual roof below the shingles, meaning we needed to get a professional out to fix it, Nelson not actually being a roofer and all. Although he did do an excellent job patching the hole.


Well the roofer comes out and finds ANOTHER hole in the roof as well and tells us it will be $650 to patch the holes and closer to $2500 for a new roof (just over the kitchen and porch), which is what the recommend (of course) to prevent further damage from being done. My father-in-law feels we should just sell our home in this super shitty economy rather than repair our roof because that makes sense.


So, is anyone still here because this is some kinda boring?


On to better loses, my ass can no longer hold up my pants. So I got a size smaller this weekend and you know what? They're too big as well. No kidding. I've gone down two pant sizes in the past eight weeks. So now I get to break out my less-fat jeans, woo-hoo! Before you know it, I'll be in my chubby jeans.


AND, I've met my first goal: I'm back to my Miles pre-pregnancy weight, and less than six pounds away from my Oscar pre-pregnancy weight. Yippie!


So, in closing, I'm losing my roof, my pants, and a whole lot of weight.


Fat-tistics:

Lost this week: 1.2

Total lost: 17.6

Remaining: 69.4

17 comments:

blissfully caffeinated said...

That is so awesome. Not about roof. About your ass. The part about the roof sucks. The part about your ass rocks.

Momma Bear said...

crap!! about the roof...the holes .caused by any weather related damage? You can call your house insurance peeps and see what they say...

YAY on your weight loss!!
I'd love to know what a normal diet for you looks like during the day. Like specifically what do you eat daily and does it vary and do you eat 3x's a day, etc.

Lisette said...

Totally awesome. I am hoping I can drop a few jean sizes.... I lost about 4 pounds... and the old jeans are starting to feel a lot loser. YEAH!!!

Good going on the 2 jean sizes. You are an inspiration!

Lisette
http://www.couponqueenofcorning.com/

Becky said...

Whoa, that is great about your ass! Pretty soon you will disappear. And you are still doing Weight Watchers, right?

Woot!

Peggy said...

Yay? Shit? Not really sure which part of this post to respond to so I'm gonna go ahead with the "kickass! on the loss!!" :)

Keely said...

I'm gonna pretend that the roof will fix itself because I hear that's what happens when you're meeting all your weightloss goals. The universe falls into alignment or something.

beth said...

I'd rather lose weight than lose money paying for the roofer to fix the roof any day!

Mrsbear said...

Fantastic. Not about your holey roof, but about your two sizes smaller pants. Whatever your doing, keep doing it, but leave the roof repair to the roofers. ;)

Casey said...

Maybe you can show the roofers that nice ass of yours and get some sort of a discount? It's worth a shot.

Great work on the weight loss, thanks for the update!

GreenJello said...

Wow, fantastic news! About your ass, not your roof...

crazylovescompany said...

You, are a rock star.

Veronica said...

Yay for dropping pant sizes. Boo for roof repairs.

Kat said...

I need to lose about 4 sizes of pants. I am in a size oh my god right now.

Cara said...

Losing your ass? Awesome.
Losing (portions of) your roof? Not so awesome.

And what Casey said. Maybe the roofers are open to bargaining..."I give you a certain amount of gratuitious ass shots, you give me a 20% discount, we all call it good."

bsouth said...

Well done you for losing your ass. You rock - in a skinny kind of way. I would join you in losing weight but I suddenly remembered that fat bottomed girls make the rocking world go round!

Krystal said...

am losing lots of weight too!!! and I am not even on HASAY!!! I think it is the stress that is causing me to lose weight - whatever it is - its working. I have gone down 2 pant sizes by the size os my waist but unfortunately the size of my ass won't allow me to wear said smaller waist sized because then they will not go over my rear and I am not about to squeeze into heans and not be able to breathe. yeah, there is my rant. miss em much?

maureenlynn said...

Like you, I have also been lame and that is why I am just now responding to this post even though the link has been sitting in my email box for quite some time now. (thanks hasay mailing list!) Good job with the weight loss and I hope things have worked out with your roof!