Friday, May 8, 2009

A Rite of Passage. Complete with Big Hair.

One of my bloggy friends, Jen over at Blissfully Caffeinated, is co-hosting a Prom Photo Flashback next Friday and I am SO THERE.

People, I went to not one, not two, but THREE proms. I'm not sure I can find photos from all three, but lord if I can, you are gonna see them.

How excited are you right now? Really excited, right? Well, guess what. YOU ARE TOTALLY INVITED!

If you want to join the Battle of the Big Hair next Friday, scan in your prom photos and put them up next Friday, May 15, and link back to Jen at Bliss Caff and/or to her co-host, Mary Ann at Stiletto Mom.

If you are a blogger and you read my blog, I want to see your prom photos next Friday. And if you never went to the prom? I still want to see your loser mug from high school, so lets do this thing, people. Lets embarrass ourselves and lament our lost youth/virginity/Aqua Net /Star Wars figurine collections together. You know you want to.

14 comments:

bsouth said...

I didn't go to Prom as when I was at school we didn't have them over here (they are starting to do them) and mysteriously there are no photo's of me from senior school at all. Odd. I knew I wasn't a terribly attractive teenager, but I didn't think it was that bad!

Peggy said...

Oh you know I'm there!! Three proms?? You must've been super...popular!! :)

montana said...

I would, but alas, my photos are at my parent's house and I'm here in Guyana!!!

blissfully caffeinated said...

It's going to be an Aqua Net showdown! Actually, I never used aqua net. Mostly Aussie Sprunch Spray, and a lot of it. Can't wait to see those pics, sister!

Cameron said...

I embarrass myself every time I write a post...the only difference here is parachute pants :)

Sprite's Keeper said...

Girl, I gave this theme my Spin Cycle. You KNOW I'm in!

Becky said...

Dude, this is the best idea in the history of ideas.

I so want to play. I'm afraid, though, that the pictures of these blessed events are in my parents' garage in Florida. Will see what I can find.

Momma Bear said...

that sounds awesome! But I never went to prom. I quit school 2 months into my senior year, got my GED and worked. I wish I went to prom and will live vicariously through your big hair :)

Cara said...

Oh my. I'm all over this one! No bigbig hair over here. I'll see what I can find...I went to prom all 4 years of high school, so I should have at least 1 picture floating around the house.

Mrsbear said...

I'm all for some online humiliation. I'll see what I can dig up.

Casey said...

I'm in but I only went to one prom and I looked HAWT. At least hot compared to how I look now.

Veronica said...

Dude, I'm so not embarassed about mine, because it may possibly have only happened in '04.

[And ours was called a Leavers Dinner, not prom]

[And I didn't have sex the night of. Instead I went down to Nathan's house and got drunk with my best friend while my boyfriend at the time went to a party at a mate's house. Only Nathan wasn't home and that mostly ruined my night. A week or so later, I dumped my BF. 2 weeks or so later, Nathan and I fell into bed. 4 years on and we have 2 kids. I should really blog this sometime.]

Joy said...

I jumped in on it it was super fun to dig thru thos old pics of my hubs and I-oh yea he and I met in high school and went to 2 of them.

I can't wait til friday to see all the posts. I did mine today though cause I was free from kids

GreenJello said...

Aqua Net... my old friend. Sniff. How I miss inhaling its amazing fragrance every morning...