Wednesday, May 6, 2009

RTT: What do you Mean it's Wednesday?

A day late and a dollar short, here's my RTT. Stop by Keely's yesterday and see a whole lot of random from a whole lot of random bloggers.
randomtuesday
Dude. Duuuuude.

My Dad came to visit yesterday. Oscar got attached surprisingly quickly and has been asking for him all day. It's sweet.

Another thing Oscar has been doing all day? Being an asshole. He's been demanding Cars and refusing to nap and trying to play with our new phone (he destroyed the old one.) So, you know what? I decided I'd let him cry in his room for as long as it took to get him to nap. And I brought him downstairs 10 minutes later to watch Cars and slam the new phone on the floor. He wins.

When Oscar was four months old I thought he was getting so big! But I think Miles at four months is such a little baby.

My friend Ellen had her baby yesterday. Her third baby, her third boy. Avery James. Cute name, cute baby. I have another friend that's due next week and another due in August and another just found out she's expecting. And you know what? I'm jealous. Don't tell my husband.

Speaking of babies, I had a play date with two of my friends from high school a couple of weeks ago (hi, Angela and Leah!) and their kiddos. Leah happens to have four babes, which is how many I want, but Nelson and I compromised at three. I told Nelson about Leah and her fantastic kids and he was like, "How is she?" And I said, "She's fine. She's happy." And he was like, "But I mean MENTALLY, how is she." And she's fine, which I told him, so he said, "Okay, then, lets go for it." And I was like, "What? Go for four?" And he said, "Yes, go for four." I was pretty pleased, and then he sort of chuckled to himself and said, "I'd like to see you TRY to have four kids." Like he was DARING me to have four kids or something. DARING me. Maybe now's a good time to tell him I'd really like five.

So, on Monday, after my roofing/ass post, Nelson was feeling a little slighted. See, Nelson is always trying to do things to make the blog, good things, but they usually get lost in the shuffle of regular craziness. We had the following email exchange:

N: I have comments on your blog

J: comments? what comments?

N: nothing bad....you are funny!! also......My first objective when I bought you the jewelry in Philadelphia was to show my love and appreciation for you....and....I was also thinking at the time that I could hope to increase my "score" on your blog....darn...I guess I will try harder next time.... [over use of ellipses, all Nelson]

J: ah, and here I though you just loved me. that's funny. and blog worthy.

N: yes ....I have been reading your blog more and more...even more since I cleaned up my office space and have a proper lunch time eating the lunch you lovingly prepare.... [again with the ellipses]

J: now you're just sucking up.

N: it's true

10 comments:

Cameron said...

The joke could well be on Nelson. Maybe you'll sprout twins (or more) the fourth go-round ;)

Sprite's Keeper said...

John sometimes worries about the way he comes across on the blog. So I just don't tell him anymore when I post about him. Let him find out the hard way. That way I KNOW he's reading!

Susanica said...

So two comments Jenni. The other day Susanne says to me "apparently Jenni makes Nelson lunch". To which I replied, "hmmm...does this mean you are going to make me lunch?" Which apparently was not what she meant at all (yes, I get it now. I should make her lunch.)

Second comment. The other day my sister Alice told me she likes to read your blog. This is great news as it means to do so she must read our blog. Which I sort of know because she complains about what I write about from time to time. She's not easy to please, so contrats on the compliment.

My last thought.Can you tell Nelson to read our blog? And to make me and Susanne sandwiches? ;-)
-Monica

Keely said...

Maybe if you shoot for SIX, he'll compromise on 5...

Casey said...

Aww, Nelson rates up there with the roofers, don't worry. And the fact that he actually TRIED to fix it is way more than Jamie would have done. I'm the one who climbs ladders, he does the cooking and cleaning.

Wow, four/five kids? Nuts! Two and out here. Two are totally kicking my ass.

Hahhahahahah on Oscar winning. I know the feeling more and more these days.

Mrsbear said...

I'm all for other people reproducing. I'm done at four. Done like an overcooked steak, or a hard boiled egg. I'm mostly sane, and I let my kids win all the time. A broken phone is a small price to pay for sanity. My husband has commented on the blog a couple of times, usually when he feels he's been misrepresented. It's funny yours is trying to get on the blogosphere's good side.

Heather said...

Wow....Have fun... *wink, wink*

abdpbt said...

My husband does the same thing with trying to get on the blog. He always seems disappointed if I don't feature him enough, but then half the time I'll say I'm going to write about something, and he'll say, "VETO."

Mini likes Cars up until the point where he's stranded in the town. Then it's just too slow paced for him, apparently.

Also, four kids?! That's just nuts.

kittyconcerto.com said...

This post makes a lot more sense with your comment on my blog. 4 kids! Wow you are ambitious!

And I love a hubby who sucks up. Personal fav. LOL

bsouth said...

Blimey. 4. Good luck! I couldn't. But I do still feel jealous of my pregnant friends. Weird.