Tuesday, June 9, 2009

RTT: Oh, Baby!

If you don't know about Keely and her Random Tuesday Thoughts, you must be living under a rock, so I suggest you take your lizard ass over to the Un Mom STAT and get with it.

*So, ohmygod I opened my reader this AM to the best news ever. After more than two years of trying, Xbox and ET are pregnant! I wept. Go by his blog and give him a virtual high five. Or ass slap. Whichever you go for (he'll dig both). And, not that he needs any blog promotion by me, if you haven't been following he and his wife's attempt at conception these past two years, you are really missing out. He's funny, poignant, eternally optimistic, and a great writer. Also, he thinks my kids are cute which scores him extra points.

*Remember how I was complaining about my whining, clingy infant last week? Yeah, well he ended up having some nasty endovirus that gave him a fever and blisters on his throat. On top of that, he kept vomiting up Tylenol and Motrin so I couldn't get his fever down. Thankfully he's back to his laughing, cheery self.

*So, the dreamy roofer's bid is not the one we are going with. We're going with the lowest bid, which is like $2K lower than the dreamy roofer's bid. I'm sad, but $1700 is much easier to swallow than $3600. Now I have to call the contractors we didn't select and tell them. I hate that part.

*My mom's flying in tomorrow, yay! I'm hoping for some fresh stories. Maybe I should live blog her visit?

*We're officially moving Miles up into size four diapers. Which would be awesome if we weren't also officially moving Oscar into size five diapers the same week. It would have been so nice to only have to carry one size in my diaper bag, but I guess my main goal is poop/pee containment and there has been way more leakage around here lately than I'm comfortable with. The amount I'm comfortable with being zero.

*Speaking of leakage, I had Miles in the Exersaucer while I was vacuuming this morning and he got super cranky. I went over and pulled him out and his feet were wet. And so were his pants, and the bottom of the Exersaucer. It was pee. But do you know was wasn't wet? His diaper.

*CSI NY is officially my favorite of all the CSIs. I knew Miami is the big fave, but I just can't stomach Caruso.

*Miles can sit up by himself for maybe a minute or two. Oscar is speaking in two, three, and even four word sentences. Geniuses, I tell you. I continue to be in awe of them.

*I'm trying to decide whether or not to take the boys with Nelson to Wyoming next month. On the one hand, if I don't go I'll be here alone with the kids all week. On the other hand, it's freaking Wyoming. What the hell are the kids and I going to do in Wyoming? Maybe I should take them to visit my friend in CA instead? We'd at least have stuff to do. But then, I have to travel across the country with two small children BY MYSELF. I don't know if I have the chops for that.

* A parting shot of Oscar watching the boob tube. Please ignore the filthy electronic gaurd. And yes he's pantless.

randomtuesday

13 comments:

Cameron said...

My advice would be to NEVER travel with children...ever. My only reasoning is because of the amount of shit you have to haul thru the airport terminals.

Sprite's Keeper said...

Love the randomness and love Oscar's chair!

Xbox4NappyRash said...

THANK YOU!

again!

Casey said...

We have the same Pottery Barn chairs but the kids rarely sit in them!

What the hell is up with the phantom out the side pee? We've had that happen here before too and I just don't understand!

blissfully caffeinated said...

Random Tuesday Comment:

How does one go about putting the lime in the coconut? I've never understood that song.

P.S. You email me if you're coming anywhere near central California.

Cara said...

I definitely want to hear mom stories...

And size 4 dipes? How old is Miles again? Carter's still comfy in a 2. I just ordered cloth for him & had to get a medium on everything...and they all go on the tightest setting.

Is there even anything other than horses in Wyoming?

Veronica said...

Um, yeah. I should be commenting, but I can't seem to string anything together. So, I'm here and reading. Hi!

Mrsbear said...

I think I'd be terrified to travel across the country with the little ones, I don't even like taking all of mine to the mall with me, for fear of the mother of all meltdowns.

My boys love to be pantless too, particularly in front of the boob tube. It's like a requirement or something.

Glad your whiny clinging infant has recouped. ;)

Keely said...

Tylenol makes suppositories for just such occasions, just for future reference. Yeah, it's good times.

Are you okay with dying (much, much, later, obviously, and after your beautiful children have provided you with many fat beautiful grandchildren) and saying, "But I never went to Wyoming"? If so - don't go.

Momma Bear said...

once again making me laugh! Thx for sharing!

Amy said...

1) definitely live blog your mom's visit....remember when we took her to the bar?
2) my sister shares your dislike of caruso. personally, i like the first csi best.
3) come visit me instead of wyoming!

Captain Dumbass said...

Men are never truly happy until our pants are off.

Heidi said...

Size Four??!!? Good grief, how much does that kid weigh? He is 6 days younger than Reg and started out an inch longer and 7 ounces heavier, so it's not like they were in a different weight class. Reg is still happily in #2's at 16 pounds even (and 27.75" - as of today's dr. appointment), but he is one long baby. SIZE FOUR!!?? I just cannot get past that. My 26 month old daughter wears size 4...

Is he eating real food yet? Reg started bananas today - yay! NO interest in cereal. Oatmeal cookies, on the other hand...