Tuesday, August 4, 2009

RTT: The Boy That Hurts Edition

Hey! Ho! Let's go! It's Random Tuesday, so go over to Keely's, grab a button, and link up!

randomtuesday

*Miles has been waking up at 6:30AM for the past several days. It really, really sucks.

*Oscar has been crying, no SCREECHING himself to sleep for the past week. We are working through it but, again, it really, really sucks.

*Oscar has moved on from calling trucks, "trucks" to specifically naming the TYPE of truck, as in "Das a dump truck!" "Das a fire truck" "Das a loader!" "Das a dozer!" "Das a backhoe!" "Das a roller!" "Das a mixer!" I've learned so much about construction equipment in the past two weeks. Oscar can recognize the difference between a loader and a bulldozer, something I was unable to do until a week ago. We were looking at a book and I said, "That's a bulldozer," (in my defense, it was labeled as such in the book) and Oscar replied, "No, Momma, das a loader." AND HE WAS RIGHT. The book had mislabeled a loader as a bulldozer. He's already pointing out my mistakes and he's only two. The teen years are going to rule.

*Nelson gets the parenting FAIL award this week - he let Miles roll OFF THE CHANGING TABLE. Yes. Yes he did. He wasn't paying attention for a split second and THUNK! Miles fell four feet to the floor. MybabymybabyohmygodmybabyhowcouldyouletthishappenGAHHHHHH! Luckily, Miles did not sustain any serious injuries. And neither did Nelson, but only because he was fast enough to duck.

*Also, if you see Oscar, you may notice that he has no less than two band aids on his person at any given time. Not to worry; Oscar has not sustained any injuries. He just likes wearing band aids. I think it is some kind of toddler fashion statement. Or, maybe it's meant to scare off other toddlers, as in, "Look here, buddy. I got all these injuries, see? Cause I'm tough. So don't mess with my trucks because I'm not afraid to get a boo-boo or two defending what's mine!" Ya think?

12 comments:

piecemeal people said...

My three-year-old is still deeply entrenched in the "correcting mistakes" phase. And in the last few days, he's entered the "negotiation" phase - every time you ask him or tell him to do something he says, "How about we make a deal..." :)

Casey said...

Oh yes, we have the truck identification going on over here too. I know way more about construction vehicles than I'd like.

We've been getting up in the 6-7 range for the past few months and before that it was between 5 and 6. Both kids wake up within five minutes of each other since keeping these assholes quiet is virtually impossible.

Cameron said...

My wife lost our boy for a good couple minutes the other day...that's a parenting fail :) They were playing in the front yard and he ran around to the back and squeezed through the fence to get in the back yard.

Julie@Momspective said...

Oh sorry for the falling baby! My Father in law dropped my Sister in law and I think that explains a lot.

Swoozie said...

Amazing how those boys know the exact name to all the vehicles! And god forbid you should call one by the wrong name.....sheesh, you'll never hear the end of it from the little guy!

My son's fave word now is skidster as in "Mom, that's a skidster not a bobcat" and I'm like sure, sounds good, what ev........

Sprite's Keeper said...

Sprite likes her band aids too. I keep trying to convince her that imaginary band aids are just as acceptable for imaginary boo boos as the real ones. So far, she's not buying it.

Krystal said...

all the truck and band-aids - good times i tell ya...thank God I have only gone through that with one of the boys - but there is still time...right now it's trains...if I say that Gordon is Edward - Lord help me!!

Captain Dumbass said...

Couple weeks ago my boys started putting scotch tape on each other and pretending they were bandaids. It's a boy thing.

ArtSnark said...

Thoroughly entertaining random!

When our little guy was 3 we should have bought stock in the bandaid company. Finally starting buying bandaids with cartoon characters he didn't like & that curbed their excessive use. Mean, I know

Keely said...

I'm going to remember ArtSnark's idea!

The change table fall sucks. A friend of mine let her baby roll off once, and he was still very young and landed directly in the poopy diaper pail. Nice huh?

anymommy said...

It hurts my soul when my kids hit an early rising cycle. I feel your pain. Also, I think our toddlers are in exactly the same phase, we just bought a fire truck and a digger for the second birthday. He is in heaven.

bsouth said...

Ow indeed. I'm glad Miles bounced but mildly disappointed that Nelson can duck fast. Laughing at Oscar scaring off the other toddlers with his plasters!