Tuesday, August 25, 2009

RTT: It's all About the Kids

*Every single time I'm out with the boys and carrying Miles in the Ergo, someone asks me about it. Every single time. Yes, it is comfortable. Yes, I love it. Yes, you should buy one for your pregnant friend.

*Oscar is at the grandparents for a sleepover. It couldn't have come at a better time, particularly as he has recently become deaf to my voice and I think I may have a concussion from banging my head against the wall.

*Nelson and I have taken to calling Oscar and Miles, Big and Little. As in, "Who do you want to get out of the car, Big or Little?" It's pretty cute, although I don't think Miles is going to qualify as Little much longer. He already weighs more now then Oscar did at one year.

*Hello, Swine Flu. You're back and trying to kill my children. I hate the news. Oink.

*Miles has FINALLY cut his first tooth, and man was it a hard-won tooth. He woke up like six times on Sunday night trying to work that sucker out, but it's here! He has a sharp little egg-tooth. I love it.

*Miles? Loves spinach. Really. Wolfs it down. I watch him scarfing his spinach and I feel like I don't even know him. If Oscar so much as sees a little bit of green on his plate he reacts as though we are making an attempt on his life. That's my kid.

*We are going to the beach next week, the beach, suckers! I may post, I may not. Likely just cute baby-at-the-beach photos - eating sand, wearing silly hats, being afraid of the surf, beating each other in the head with trucks. You'll love it.

*Nelson was really sick last night - running a 103 degree fever and everything, my poor hubby. I guessed it was just a virus like the one Oscar had this past weekend that kept him up all night Saturday (103.5, poor baby.) Nelson guessed it was Swine Flu or Lyme's Disease. Guess who was right. (Hint: He is well on the mend today.)

Thanks to Keely for being such a gracious host. Go by, get a button, join the fun.

randomtuesday

9 comments:

Cara said...

Geesh. Sick house for you too? Swine flu is here fo' reals. Chase came home last night & said 1 doctor's office had 5 confirmed cases yesterday. I think my kids need a photo shoot in masks & rubber gloves...you know, just to create a little more panic out there :)

Krystal said...

Congrats on the tooth!!! The baby just cut her first tooth on Saturday...now I gotta be careful when she grabs at my arm...that little sucker is sharp!

Sprite's Keeper said...

Yay for the tooth! Ouch for the boobs!

Ms. Salti said...

Nice RTT. Glad the kids and the hubby are doing better. Have fun at the beach next week. Pics would be nice!

Mrsbear said...

I know, I'm having all kinds of issues with swine flu. It doesn't help that 3 different kids at 3 different schools have brought me H1N1 epidemic procedures flyers. The first cough I hear, I swear I'm going to go in to cardiac arrest.

Congrats on the egg tooth. Hopefully the next few won't be such a trial.

Casey said...

Oh, beating in the head with trucks, sounds like my sort of vacation.

Yay for the sleepover. Having one less kid is AWESOME, even if it's just for the night.

Captain Dumbass said...

You're not suggesting your husband had man-cold, are you?

Keely said...

I loved my Ergo too. I very sadly packed it away the other day, actually.

bsouth said...

Hope poor old Nelson gets over his man flu soon!