Tuesday, August 11, 2009

RTT: The Staycation Edition

Keely's on vacation, but Random Tuesday's are not. Go over to Keely's, say "Hi" to Casey, grab a button and get your random on.
randomtuesday

*Nelson and I are both off this entire week. We originally thought we'd go out to CA to visit some friends but when that didn't pan out we decided to just make this a staycation. We'd planned some camping, some home repairs, some home organization. So far, the 100 degree heat has kept us from camping; we've done some organizing and some repairs but, again, 100 degree heat and no central air make this difficult. We've been doing no sleeping in and a lot of playing with cars and monkeys. Basically it's just like my every day, minus one toddler and plus one adult. It's supposed to less suffocating in a couple of days so we should get some camping in then.

*Oscar has gone from being completely terrified of robots to psychotically loving robots. Wall-E is on a constant loop.

*Oscar has also gone from short, immature toddler sentences like, "Find it Monkey?" and "Where go?" to saying things like, "Where did it go?" and "Help me find the Monkey, Momma." This happened overnight. Really, overnight. Like yesterday was baby sentences and today is real person sentences. Whoa.

*Last night Oscar made a big show of putting on underwear (over his diaper) and pooping in his potty (with his diaper still on) so we did a little underwear/naked time today and it was a complete failure. He just peed and pooped all over the floor/himself. Seriously, the kid pooped more times today in underwear then he normally poops in a week. Also, he's requesting diapers. So, we put diapers back on him. Whatever.

*Poison Control send us more stickers. Go figure.

*Miles is moving so fast now. No way am I ready for two mobile children.

7 comments:

Mrsbear said...

Potty training. Nooooooooooooo. I was contemplating buying the big boy undies. Gah. You talked me out of it. Seriously.

Maybe its me said...

I swear everything seems to happen overnight when it comes to kids. Pottytraining did too. He'll do it when he's ready. Ben was 3 when he finally got it down full time. Enjoy your time off!!

I am Harriet said...

Good ol' poison control...
Have a Wonderful Tuesday!
http://iamharriet.blogspot.com/2009/08/random-hollywood-gossip.html

Cara said...

I was the same way with Claire & her talking! It was like, Tuesday morning it was "MOMMA! CUP. MILK. NOW." & then Wednesday morning she was all "Mother, may I have a cup of milk, please?"

Casey said...

You officially just went on the list of people I want to punch for using the term "staycation". Don't worry, I can get past it since I think you're cool and all. ;)

Oh, and I'm "officially" representing Keely today...consider her represented.

Sprite's Keeper said...

Oy. We've finally mastered the peeing, but the pooping is still an issue. One at a time.
Sprite is asking for Bambi and Lady and the Tramp ALL THE TIME. I will take Wall-E GLADLY!

bsouth said...

Oh no, that sounds like carnage on the pooping front. Hope your staycation cooled down a bit (I'm a few days behind...... again).

Bless poison control - they're so thoughtful aren't they?