Sunday, August 2, 2009

The Road is Long

Wow has it been a long time since I've done a HASAY update! Which is kind of sad considering how well my weight loss has been going. I mean, I lost two pants-sizes; bought new pants; and now my new pants are falling off of me. Even my wedding rings are loose.

I've lost just over 33 lbs. to date.

THIRTY-THREE POUNDS. That is a lot of weight. That's 132 sticks of butter. Could you imagine carrying around 132 sticks of butter with you everywhere you went? That's what I was doing; lugging around 33 extra pounds of fat every single day of my life.

And, you know what? I'm pretty impressed with myself. That's a load of lard to lose in five months. Way to go me.

But, here's the rub. I still have about 55 pounds to lose. And while I know I should be totally psyched about how much I've lost, and I AM totally psyched, I can't help but dwell on the fact that I'm not even halfway there yet.

I have a long way to go. And when people tell me I look great, that's how I respond, "Well, I still have a long way to go." I'm not even allowing myself to really celebrate how good I'm doing.

And, I'm starting to lose motivation. I mean, I look so much better now, I've lost a ton of weight, why not sit down with a pizza and a pint of Ben and Jerry's and just throw in the towel?

So, that's where I'm leaving my update. I've lost a lot and I am proud of that, but I still have a long, long way to go and I feel like I'm never going to get there.

I sit here, 33 lbs. skinnier but still struggling.

14 comments:

kirsty815 said...

Wow I think I'd literally weep if I lost two pant sizes! That's AWESOME!!! You need to share your secret girl and give us some tips!!! Great job! Mine'll be up tomorrow.

Keely said...

If I send you new pants, will it be motivating?

Sprite's Keeper said...

Keep doing it! This is where you WANT to look back and see what you've accomplished. I lost 80 pounds last year and haven't been able to drop any more since early fall and it should have been easy to throw in the towel since nothing was happening, but I'm finding that as long as I don't gain, I'm learning to treat that as a success. You're doing great!

Cameron said...

Uber congratulations!

Sadly, I just upsized my wedding ring. I proudly walked into the jewelry and demanded they fix my ring, because it shrunk.

Casey said...

Yeah, 33lbs is almost one Graham, that's quite impressive. After Elliot was born, I lost somewhere around there and it was the combined weight of both of my kids at the time. Then I ate it back on. Here's hoping you get over that plateau and get to your goal weight but you really are kicking the fuck out of that fat and should be patted on your skinny back.

Krystal said...

wow!! that is awesome!! you are doing a great job - it is hard when u don't meet your goals but you are getting there and you will make it!!! i am so proud of you!!!

Cara said...

You've lost an entire toddler, Jenni! And 2 pants sizes? That's effing awesome!

gigidiaz said...

The human body is the smartest thing in the universe, WITHOUT counting in the actual brain. Your body is challenging you, it always happens that when you drop a great number of pounds, as you have worked hard to do, your body "plateaus" it fights back to stay at the weight it has. My question to you is, while your body is genius just because the human composition is genius, YOU control the brain which in turn controls everything else. Who's going to win this fight? The brainless part of the body, or you???
Come on woman! Keep working!
I suggest you kick up your workout routine, try some new things -if you've been running try stair master or spinning, if you've been taking classes try a new one- to spice up the routine. Or, take on another class as this will definitely break the plateau.

YOU CAN DO IT!

bsouth said...

Wow, you are doing fantastically well. Well done.

Maybe its me said...

Jenni, that is so awesome!! I know how you feel though. Once you have a goal in mind, it is hard to be completely happy until you've reached it. Even though you've accomplished so much and people are really starting to notice, your own goal is still in the back of your mind. I know you will get there though!! You are doing an amazing job!

Susanica said...

Someone once told me that as long as you write down what you eat you will keep losing weight. There are only so many days in a row you can look at your food diary and go "crap, a gazillion points/calories (whatever)". It's all about the discipline of writing it down.

Your weight loss looks great on you and inspires me Jenni. -Monica

Mrsbear said...

OMG. That's wonderful. Seriously. I could make SO many cookies with all that butter. ;) I understand your logic of seeing this as just a stepping stone weight but you really should congratulate yourself. Way to make HASAY proud.

kyooty said...

You have done a wonderful job! and you're still working that's great!
As for Ben and Jerry, there is 2 of them, why not share :)

Lisa @ Boondock Ramblings said...

I have so far to go, so the fact you lost this much weight is extremely encouraging to me. You can do this and you WILL do it. I agree with the other ladies. Keep going and keep the faith. One day at a time!