Monday, September 14, 2009

RTT: You're Gonna Love Meeeeeeeeeee

Oh, Tusday, how I love thee! Thanks as always to our lovely host, Keely.
randomtuesday
Let's get Raaaaaaaadooooooooooooom!

*I am watching Dreamgirls for the first time right now, and daaaaaaaaaamn, Jennifer Husdson blew the doors off that shit, didn't she? Wow. But I'm just realizing that Jamie Fox leaves Jennifer Hudson for Beyonce. Bastard.

*Speaking of Jennifer Hudson, have you heard that Ellen is going to be the new judge on American Idol? I was heartbroken that there would be no more of Paul Abdul's (a.k.a my mom) insane antics, but Ellen may just make things okay. I'm the only one still watching that show, aren't I?

*Oh, and how classy was Beyonce at the MTV Music Video Awards? And Kanye West is such a tool. Alright, so I didn't actually watch the MTV awards because I'm old people and didn't even know it was on, but I read about it. On Facebook.

*Patrick Swayze, gone. Like the wind, through the trees. He's outta my reach! Oh, too soon? That's okay, because I loved, loved, love Dirty Dancing. I still watch it everytime it's on TV.

*I learned of Swayze's death on Facebook. Aparently, Facebook is now the place I go for news. Or at least celebrity based news. As if there is any other kind. Health care who? Serena say what?

*Okay, so Dreamgirls is only getting more and more depressing. I mean, Jennifer Hudson named her daughter Magic. That's just awful.

*So, as much as I complain about Oscar, he's actually be really awesome lately. He has been loving the hugs and kisses; talks in three, four, five word sentences and you can actually have a converstation with him; and he is generally a lot of fun. When he's not completely wrecking the house, knocking down his brother, and totally freaking out about an urgent need for juice/fruities/outside. It's like 50-50, awesome-insane. Well, 40-60.

*I bathed both children in one tub by myself last night. Everyone survived, no one cried, and it was over in ten minutes. This is what success looks like, people. I rule.

*Writing yesterday's blog post was really cathartic, as was reading all of your comments. I'm glad we're in the trenches together.

13 comments:

Snooker said...

Ellen on American Idol... who would have thought?

Oh, and if it isn't on Facebook, then it isn't NEWS!

Great randomness

Kat said...

Two nappers and a 10 minute bath time! Jenni I do believe you are getting the knack for this mother of two thing! LOL!

blueviolet said...

Dirty Dancing is one of the few movies I can watch over and over and never get tired of.

I'm not sure how I feel about Ellen as a judge. I mean I love her but I just don't know about this. I take American Idol seriously! lol

Stacy (the Random Cool Chick) said...

I think Ellen will be a great replacement for Paula - I was bummed when I read that Paula was leaving, because I'm not too keen on that other woman - so unimpressed with her that I can't for the life of me remember her name at the moment! (grin!) It should be interesting to see what Ellen brings to the table - and how she interacts with Simon...should be fun! ;)

I was so sad to hear of Patrick Swayze's passing, too - I watch Dirty Dancing every chance I get, it never gets too old!

Way to go on the 10 minute bath! You ROCK! :)

Happy RTT! :)

Julie@Momspective said...

I know, what crazy shit we have going on. Ellen, Kanye (dumbass) and Partick - oh, my!

Keely said...

I didn't watch the MTV awards either, but Facebook tells me that Kayne thing may have been staged.

Sprite's Keeper said...

Nope, didn't watch the awards. Had some adult things to do while they were on. ;-)

Casey said...

We bathe the kids together every night and every night, we regret it. Kudos to you for making it through.

Mrsbear said...

My teen DVR-ed the MTV awards, but I'm afraid they were on past my bedtime.

I'm sad about Patrick Swayze, I used to love him and I'll watch Dirty Dancing too every time it's on. Now Roadhouse is another story...

Congrats on the double baby bathing. It's definitely a time saver.

Stimey said...

I get most of my news from Twitter.

Captain Dumbass said...

It's weird how they can go from fuzzy little balls of love to psychotic killing machines in a snap.

Cara said...

Dood. I am way excited for Ellen to be on AI. That's one of the few shows that Chase & I will actually watch together.

I am totally a fan of putting the kids in the tub together. I think Carter was probably around 8mo when we started that.

FB & Twitter are my go-to's for anything thats news :)

Big Mama Cass said...

LMAO!!! I found out about Patrick Swayze and the Kanye West mess on Facebook toooo! I thought I was the only one. LOL