Monday, October 5, 2009

Plateau

You read that right. I've been gaining and losing the same 1.5 lbs for about a month and a half.

It sucks.

It sucks because I can't seem to get over this 35 lbs hump.

It sucks because I feel like I'm working my ass off and getting no results.

It sucks because I'm tired of having to account for every morsel of food that enters my mouth.

It sucks because I'm totally obsessing over this stupid 1.5 lbs.

It sucks the most because I'm seriously considering *GASP* giving up.

Cue dramatic fainting.

Break out the smelling salts because I'm not giving up. I'm making a new goal. I want to reach the 50 lb mark by New Years; a lofts goal considering 1)Plateau and 2)Holiday Season.

But WHATEVER. I need to get motivated, I need a new goal and 15 lbs in 12.5 weeks is it. It's totally attainable and in a safe and healthy weight loss of an average 1.2 lbs a week.

Here's the plan:

*TRACK, TRACK, TRACK! In Weight Watchers speak, this means to write down every thing I eat and account for it. I've been slipping.

*MEASURE all my portion sizes. For real. This means measuring cups leveled off with a knife. No more heaping portions.

*SWITCH it UP. We've fallen into a food rut and are eating out too often. I'm going to make beef stew this week and pasts with meatballs; two old, healthy favorites that have fallen off the map.

*Make BETTER CHOICES. Opt for the fresh apple instead of the Peppermint Patty, the fudgesicle instead of the brownie, the salad instead of the chips.

*MOVE MORE. I don't know how I'm going to do this, but I'm going to try and walk at least a mile three times a week. So, a midday walk w/the boys, perhaps?

I know how to do this. I've lost over 35 lbs already. The only thing getting in my way is myself. So, stand aside, self because I'm back on track.

Wanna learn more about the hottest weight loss club online? Click here.

9 comments:

kyooty said...

water water everywhere did you have a drink? :) I know it's hard, plateau are not fun but I know you've got it in you to get it done. Excellent attitude!

Sprite's Keeper said...

You can do it! I'm gonna do it with you! I promise to get on the treadmill tonight and bust my behind if you promise to get your boys on a walk today. Pinky swear?

Casey said...

Dude, you can do it. And it sounds like switching it up is a great plan. It's hard to find time to exercise with the kids awake, isn't it? Maybe you can go after they're in bed? I dunno. Good luck.

Mrsbear said...

You sound motivated to me! Don't give up or I'll have to sing a Yo Gabba Gabba song and nobody wants that. All your strategies are doable. You've got this in the bag. Now just hand me the brownies, I'll get rid of them for you. ;)

Fantastic Forrest said...

You are the woman with a plan. A well thought out plan, indeed! Stick up your hand and wiggle your fingers. Now say bye bye plateau, hello progress!

Jamie said...

You go girl! Sometimes you just need to completely change things up to break those freakin' plateaus. A case of viral bronchitis killed my last plateau. Apparently coughing my guts out and eating whatever the hell I wanted was the ticket! Not that I am suggesting you go find your self some bronchitis but...hey why not?

rachel said...

Have you tried Sparkpeople.com yet? It's free and it helps stay on track. Good luck with the plateau, I know how hard that is :(

Keely said...

Yes! Small changes add up. You've come SO FAR already, bust through the plateau!

...and all that other inspirational jazz ;)

Momma Bear said...

I have no idea what to say about the tracking the food stuff other than, yeehaw! but you go girl I KNOW you can do it!