Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Random Tuesday Thoughts: It Just Random, Okay?

randomtuesday

*Did you see that we're hosting a Blissful Benefit to celebrate Blissfully Caffeinated's new baby and wish her a speedy recovery? Sure you did!. Come on, join in the fun and spread the word. Do a coffee-related post this Friday, come by here and let me know, and I'll link you up. If you don't it'll be like I threw a party an no one showed up. You don't want to do that to me, do you? Because this is ALL ABOUT ME. And Bliss Caff, of course.

*Oscar has a weird rash. I'm panicking about it (of course) and he has an appointment for today. And I'm feeling really awful because he's had the rash for like a month and I just kept thinking it would go away and instead it's gotten worse. There's something wrong and I ignored it. And, the thing is, I was pretty unsettled by the rash when I first saw it, but I did nothing. I decided to Wait and See. I'm worried that was not the right call. And now I'm noticing all kinds of other "symptoms" like, isn't he more tired then usual? and I think his back hurts? and and and. Ugh.

*In other Oscar news, he suffered his first sports injury this weekend. He tripped and fell while racing down the hall and sprained his ankle. He's wearing a little Ace bandage and limping all over the place. We actually had to take him to *GASP* urgent care. It was freaking AWFUL. I called ahead so we had an appointment, arrived early to fill out paperwork, then still had to wait and hour to be seen. And Oscar was literally wailing in pain and exhaustion the whole entire time. Through the X-Ray too. It was majorly terrible. I realize that it was still probably much better then the ER would have been, but miserable.

*Miles is a wild man. Wild. He spends roughly of his day searching the floor for choakable items to put in his mouth and the other half pulling up like crazy, letting go and trying to stand, and falling. He flips through books looking for the most tender pages and then sinks his three (!!) teeth in them and tries to rip them out. The look is akin to a lion tearing into a gazelle. And he growls. We play this game where I hold Miles out in front of me and we chase Oscar, and Miles GROWLS when we "attack" Oscar. Then they both laugh hysterically and it's the best moment of my life.

9 comments:

Petra a.k.a The Wise (*Young*) Mommy said...

Aw, Oscar sounds like a lot of fun!

I am definitely going to try to participate on Friday!

I am Harriet said...

Bummer about the sports injury ;(


Have a great RT!
http://iamharriet.blogspot.com/2009/10/balloon-boy-family-feels-under-siege.html

Heather said...

I'm a big proponent of the wait and see approach, so I probably would have done the same thing with the whole rash thing...hope everything turns out ok at the doctors appointment and that it is as simple as a food allergy. Or maybe Oscar has been sinking his three teeth into him leaving little love bites. :) Sounds like there is never a dull moment in your house, I get tired just reading what goes on!

Shraddha@theselfloveproject said...

oscar is so so sweet!

hope rash goes away fast..

visiting via rtt

Sprite's Keeper said...

Ack! Poor Oscar! The only rash we have around here right now is Sprite's ezcema. Yuck. I can tell when the cooler weather comes for she starts itching.

Keely said...

Oh my - you definitely have your hands full these days don't you??

Full of CUTE that is.

Big Mama Cass said...

The way Monkey falls all the time I am petrified of his first major, ER visit required, fall.

Captain Dumbass said...

So, just another relaxing week at the Oscarelli household?

Design it Chic said...

i hope Oscar gets better with his rash! and i hope it's nothing major...
i actually have a rash on my elbow for a couple of days now but I'm an adult.. i won't look into it unless it is in there for over a week... that's the rule:)

Happy Random!

*mine's up too if you wanna check:)